Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trouble finding a job? Wanna new job? Wanna travel the world?

WVUforREDSKINS

I met a girl there who was in NZ just to learn to ski. She had been there for a month when I met her and had yet to go out on the slopes bc she was scared :doh:

How long were you in New Zealand? What were you there for?

I admit I know nothing about there skiing. How does it compare to places like Vail, Breckenridge, etc

what if you have no job AND no money ?

is there anything that will pay all your expenses ?

Get a job doing some BS for a few months and save.

When people say that they can't find a job it means that they can't find a job they like or can tolerate. There are places that are hiring all the time. Grocery stores for example.

Get a job doing some BS for a few months and save.

When people say that they can't find a job it means that they can't find a job they like or can tolerate. There are places that are hiring all the time. Grocery stores for example.

That's not true, because even if I am willing to humble myself to a lower end job, I still cannot get it, because I'm viewed as OVER-qualified.

That's how the employer sees it, and I can't help it.

That's awesome. Did you stay in Auckland? How are the people, hows the party scene, what did you do?

Lived in Wellington. The people are great and the party scene was really laid back in a good way - lots of bars and pubs. Every February they have the Cuba St Carnival which includes a parade and several bands, then basically partying all night in the streets.

I went kayaking, hiked a glacier, went skydiving, black water rafting (rafting through caves), jet boating, went on this thing, zorbing...I could prolly go on for days. But the fact is it's such a small country in terms of area but you really can do any and every outdoors activity you can dream of.

Did you walk the Lord of the Rings trail to Mordor and I will hike Mount Doom?

dwight_schrute.jpg

We drove around Mt Doom (Tongariro) but didn't hike it. I believe it takes a full day or 2. And I can't imagine Dwight ever surviving that. THough I'd love to see him try. But he can only take beets w/ him.

That's not true, because even if I am willing to humble myself to a lower end job, I still cannot get it, because I'm viewed as OVER-qualified.

That's how the employer sees it, and I can't help it.

you can be a waiter. They won't turn you down.

And, like Mike suggested- if I knew I were ever going to become poor or had nowhere else to turn, I would join the military.

Archived