Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Draft a QB?

hitmandm

Umm... if you want that franchise QB to NOT come down with Ramsey syndrome, you're gonna want an O-line.

Also, I you want Portis back to his old self, you're gonna want an O-line.

Also, If you want us to be able to score on the goal line, you're gonna want an O-line.

I want an OL. We drafted Rhinehart and have a third rounder to pick up a good OG or Center.

What can we do in this draft to make the Oline so good? Our Tackles are failing. Samuels got hurt and Jansen just cant move like an OT anymore. Trade up for a top OLT and plug him into ORT. I don't want to Ciryon Black as high as we will draft. Move Jansen (I am uncuttable)to LG. We are not replacing Thomas or Samuels. Maybe trade down and take Alex Mack as an upgrade on Center but still need a tackle.

Bro, they gave him time against the CINCINATTI BENGALS.

EVEN WORSE!!!... the bengals got scored on like 30 points or more in their last however many games...

what did Jason do.... 13 points. he had time... as a 30+ game starter now.. he should have torched their secondary.

instead he got outplayed by a rookie from Harvard (7th round pick).. against OUR top rated secondary!

What a star QB gonna do with an old, often injured O-Line? Old LBs, which we are also thin in depth? Our star RB, who's taken a pounding, and will be looking at the end of his career here in a couple of years?

Idk.

It's a good thing it's not our decision.

If Campbell is not the answer, many teams like the Giants, Chargers, Cowgirls and Indy have selected QB first, OL second to pretty good success. If were going to get a better OL, which I am all for, we better get the top three tackles this year.

Brennan aside, do we think about going up the draft and getting a real QB? I think Campbell is slow and cant throw to the WRs until theyre wide open, but I am willing to think it might be because he has had so many offenses.

A trade to Seattle for a top pick and select a franchise QB. Give Campbell 1 more year, and have his successor waiting if he is truely as dumb as he looks. If Campbell is good, we can trade the QB for major picks.

We did draft a QB!!Whats the point if Campbell's sorry *** is in there?

HOWEVER... tonight Campbell had time... and he was dropping back 10-15 yards to pass.... hesitating 3-4 times and almost getting sacked or having to run...

he got outplayed by a rookie from Harvard for christ sake.

There's your evaluation... he sucks.

Boy, i guess this proves that you see what you want to see.

I went back and took my medicine. I watched every offensive play again. it was painful. I'll probably post a full evaluation later.

here's what I learned: JC had 3 bad throws. 3. One was on the first play of the game. The one to Moss on the first 3rd down was questionable, it was right in his chest, without the interference it's a catch. There was another one later in the game.

Here's a question: forget that it's JC. If a QB goes back and there's nobody open, what the hell do you want him to do? Throw it anyway? The WRs suck, the O-Line sucks, and the QB isn't perfect.

maybe he's hesitating because nobody's open? Or would you prefer that he throw into double coverage.

See, it's an easy position to take when things don't go well: If JC throws into coverage, "He can't read defenses! He threw into coverage!" If he holds onto the ball because nobodies open, "He holds onto the ball too long!"

Shrug. I'm not saying the guy is anywhere close to perfect, nor am I saying that he's going to be the guy. What I am saying is that this particular game was not lost by Campbell. It was lost by a Cooley fumble, a Sellers fumble, horrible play calling by Zorn, and 2 different defensive collapses. Of all of the factors that contributed to TODAY'S loss, JC was not in the top 5.

And as far as drafting a QB, spending the ~#20 pick on a QB would be a complete waste. They have to retool the entire offensive side of the ball and the D-Line and OLB, and they have 4 draft picks. Spending one on a QB at this point is reckless.

Voice,

This is where Jason fails.

Zorn calls slant to Randel El.... uh oh El is covered... what now...

see QB's like Romo sits to pee, Farve, Brady, Manning, etc. if the called play is covered.. they see it quickly and then go into "make something happen" mode..

Jason has no "make something happen mode" for fear of screwing up maybe?? don't know... just doesn't have it.

Occasionally he'll rip off a good run... but he really needs to be able to take a dead play and find the open man and get the ball to him. he just can't do that.

in fact.. way too often he tries to force the ball into a dead play.. only to throw at their feet.. or have it knocked down.. etc.

Archived