Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

One More Game

tiger187126

We've hit quite a rough spot on what looked like our sure road to the postseason. There's not a whole lot of sugar coating it, we look pretty bad in all three phases right now. (defense does not get a pass because they have been unclutch as of late).

But i was talking to day with a die-hard steelers fan, bemoaning the game when he imparted this on me. "It's hard to score on the Ravens."

and he's right, we did what a team hadn't done in like 14 quarters. put a td on the board against the Ravens.

just like the o-line/qb/rb/coach can affect how bad a team looks, the opposing d can do the same thing.

Our one win in the last 5? the lowly seahawks. who by-the-by nearly stuck it to new england.

I ask for this Redskin's fans. Give your team one more game. We have been playing elite teams as of late, teams that make good teams look bad.

We play at Cincinnati this week. No excuses, i know they've been in games and whatnot but that shouldn't matter right now. The only thing that matters is we have our backs against the wall and everyone is writing us off, even our own fans.

The Bengals are not a playoff team, we could be. If we do not get up for this game and play with the passion of a team that does not want to be sitting home this postseason then we are done.

But I implore you Redskin's Nation, give us one more game.

I still feel we have a strong nucleus of players who give 100%, however my resolution with JC is that he cannot get the job done. At best he is mediocre.

Give him this game, he shouldn't face a lot of pressure and Zorn is letting him use the guys on the roster who are over 5' 9" and don't injure themselves every play (knock on wood for Kelly's sake)

skin fans are one of the strongest fan bases in the NFL. That's mainly the reason why I love this franchise; that the fans have always stayed. We've been through the spurrier and Norv years and still show up. When 23,000 fans show up to a practice in 100+ degree heat or show up to the hall of fame and give a 4 minute ovation for players that truly gave it their all. Making this year's hall of fame game look like a mini fed ex.

No, It's the players that have let us down. It's our owner that continually thinks more about the dollar than the fans. It's the GM that throws away the team's future on old vets that don't care anymore about the game and are only in it for the bucks. This fanbase deserves better....

skin fans are one of the strongest fan bases in the NFL. That's mainly the reason why I love this franchise; that the fans have always stayed. We've been through the spurrier and Norv years and still show up. When 23' date='000 fans show up to a practice in 100+ degree heat or show up to the hall of fame and give a 4 minute ovation for players that truly gave it their all. Making this year's hall of fame game look like a mini fed ex.

No, It's the players that have let us down. It's our owner that continually thinks more about the dollar than the fans. It's the GM that throws away the team's future on old vets that don't care anymore about the game and are only in it for the bucks. This fanbase deserves better....[/quote']

Gibbs was a huge guy for signing other teams wash ups so don't think he didn't have a hand in it and blame our first year GM who only signed one big name guy, and that was out of necessity.

and by the way, where were those fans for pittsburgh? i was there. i think the team deserved better than that.

but this is all moot

the point i was trying to make is that everyone is dumping on this team right, but give them this shot.

if they don't make it, feel free to dump all over them

So if we go out and lay an egg against Cincy (remember they almost beat Philly) and lose can we officially start asking for heads to roll? After starting 6-2 and now going 1-4 I'm a little perturbed.

i am too, and i am saying all three phases suck.

but this is a game where cincy has nothing to lose and we have everything.

Vinny? Is that you begging for one more game?

don't worry McD5, you can feel free to leave with Betts.

this thread is about believing in the team for one more week

oh and how is mr. i fumble at the worst possible moments.

or mr. my job is to be their to take carries off the shoulder of a stud running back whose jock i am not worthy to hold

or mr. i got injured right when my team needed me the most so they went out and had to sign Shawn Alexander

the Redskins right now are a mess. on offense there is no confidence left. you could see the fear out there against the Ravens D.

Zorn has been unable to come up with any kind of game strategy to get early points for the defense to work with, in fact the offense has continued to go downhill steadily.

At first it was strictly not scoring points.

Then it was not scoring enough points and also turning the ball over once or twice.

Now, it is turning the ball over in critical spots multiple times a game and not scoring points AS WELL AS not maintaining a lead in time of possession.

The Redskins may find a way to beat the Bengals 20-17 or 17-14 but it doesn't change the fact this team is just not ready for prime time.

the Redskins right now are a mess. on offense there is no confidence left. you could see the fear out there against the Ravens D.

Zorn has been unable to come up with any kind of game strategy to get early points for the defense to work with, in fact the offense has continued to go downhill steadily.

At first it was strictly not scoring points.

Then it was not scoring enough points and also turning the ball over once or twice.

Now, it is turning the ball over in critical spots multiple times a game and not scoring points AS WELL AS not maintaining a lead in time of possession.

The Redskins may find a way to beat the Bengals 20-17 or 17-14 but it doesn't change the fact this team is just not ready for prime time.

i'm not saying that a win is a cure-all but what about a solid dominant win

that's what i'm waiting for and that's why i give them this week

i'm not saying that a win is a cure-all but what about a solid dominant win

that's what i'm waiting for and that's why i give them this week

I hope so, but they have given us no real reason for us to expect a win by more than 10 points. Not when they've struggled to get 10 lately and especially not when we've failed to reach 30 so far this season. I can't remember the last time we did that.

I hope so' date=' but they have given us no real reason for us to expect a win by more than 10 points. Not when they've struggled to get 10 lately and especially not when we've failed to reach 30 so far this season. I can't remember the last time we did that.[/quote']

last year against detroit, we absolutely destroyed them. not to mention dallas with the 35-7 game

i mean it wasn't that long ago. but that was a different moss, cooley, and campbell.

anyway, what i'm saying is that they've been playing defenses that people haven't been scoring on.

so now that we have one that should be a solid win (i won't say easy because any given sunday) let's see if we have the heart and the strength of will to fight our way into playoff contention

especially not when we've failed to reach 30 so far this season. I can't remember the last time we did that.

Found it. 1977. Kind of sad because we have played alot of bad teams this year too. We lost to a 2-11 St Louis team and only scored 16. We beat Cleveland(4-9) and could only muster 14. We had a 2-11 Seattle team take us to the very end. We didn't exactly hammer a Detroit team that's on the verge of being the first ever 0-16 team. I will cheer like crazy for this team, but I have no faith in them and I have enough faith to expect them to muster up a 16-13 win, but that's about it.

Archived