Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What happened to Kerry Brown?

Cskin

With all the talk of improving our O-line after the latest 1-3 debacle, and after watching Samuels and Jansen go down to season ending injuries, I looked on the roster for potential O-Line help.

I remember Kerry Brown being injured in camp and given an injury settlement, but wasn't he also placed on IR? I don't see his name there. I thought this guy could have been "coached up" into something. He certainly had quite a bit of buzz as a top UDFA everyone wanted. The Pats sure wanted him.

If Rienhardt is a potential starter at guard, what else do we have on the shelf that could step in? I'm talking young talent, exactly what we need to rebuild the line.

Devin Clark - sounded like they were high on him in camp... but he didn't impress me in preseason.

Geisinger - DEFINITELY not a tackle.. could be our future center if he's talented enough.

The only other guy is Isiah Ross, from Nevada, who we signed when Crummey was picked off of our PS by the Bengals.

Is that it? Wow... our cupboards are bear in the O-Line dept. Definitely need to trade down in the first for more picks and hope for some stud guards and a center to be there in the 2nd.

I don't know what happened to Brown. I've tried doing some searches in the past, but nothing came up. Last I heard was when he was put on IR. Someone should ask Vinny on his show.

It looks like Clark will get promoted to replace Samuels. It doesn't sound like Jansen is out yet, but he could be soon. Right now, Zorn is going to put Heyer in for Samuels and Fabini in for Jansen.

Another possibility is to do what other teams have done to us: claim an O-lineman off of someone else's practice squad.

With all the talk of improving our O-line after the latest 1-3 debacle, and after watching Samuels and Jansen go down to season ending injuries, I looked on the roster for potential O-Line help.

I remember Kerry Brown being injured in camp and given an injury settlement, but wasn't he also placed on IR? I don't see his name there. I thought this guy could have been "coached up" into something. He certainly had quite a bit of buzz as a top UDFA everyone wanted. The Pats sure wanted him.

If Rienhardt is a potential starter at guard, what else do we have on the shelf that could step in? I'm talking young talent, exactly what we need to rebuild the line.

Devin Clark - sounded like they were high on him in camp... but he didn't impress me in preseason.

Geisinger - DEFINITELY not a tackle.. could be our future center if he's talented enough.

The only other guy is Isiah Ross, from Nevada, who we signed when Crummey was picked off of our PS by the Bengals.

Is that it? Wow... our cupboards are bear in the O-Line dept. Definitely need to trade down in the first for more picks and hope for some stud guards and a center to be there in the 2nd.

You are correct. We need 3 starters with 2 picks. Gonna have to trade down and our 3rd rounder and pick up 3 OL in the 2nd round the same way we picked up 3 receivers this year.

Archived