Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A-Rod to play for the DR in the WBC

Spaceman Spiff

This type of stuff happens all the time in international play. Yet, when A-Rod does it, he gets called a traitor. Haters will be haters, I guess.

Name some athletes that have played for one country in international play and then switched countries the next time the competition has come around.

Yes there are players like Becky Hammon who played for the Russian women's basketball team this past summer in the Olympics, but it's not like she never suited up for USA and then switched countries.

I can't think of anyone off the top of my head who has done such a thing.

Name some athletes that have played for one country in international play and then switched countries the next time the competition has come around.

Yes there are players like Becky Hammon who played for the Russian women's basketball team this past summer in the Olympics, but it's not like she never suited up for USA and then switched countries.

I can't think of anyone off the top of my head who has done such a thing.

I meant people playing for their 'heritage' country. I don't have the time, energy, or caring to comb through thousands of names to find an exact sample like you're talking about - though I'm sure they exist. You go on hating, seems to be what you do best. With your teams, who can blame you. ;)

I meant people playing for their 'heritage' country. I don't have the time, energy, or caring to comb through thousands of names to find an exact sample like you're talking about - though I'm sure they exist. You go on hating, seems to be what you do best. With your teams, who can blame you. ;)

We share one of those teams, don't forget. :cheers:

How's A-Rod working out for you? That guy is a mother****ing beast in the postseason, isn't he?

We share one of those teams, don't forget. :cheers:

Seriously, take people's advice from that other thread and embrace hockey. Now is the time. :)

How's A-Rod working out for you? That guy is a mother****ing beast in the postseason, isn't he?

Not as bad as everyone makes it out to be - but not as good as he should be.

Archived