Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mad Mikes photography thread

Mad Mike

Thanks. I took that one through the windshield while driving. LOL, no great skill. I didn't even frame it. I just pointed the camera with one hand and snapped. I did it about ten times and this one shot came out kind of cool.

The car guy in me LOVES the roads out there. Miles and miles of smooth asphalt winding through the woods and very little traffic.

:cheers:

lol I done that a few times myself (Do not try this at home ;) )

On the Blue Ridge Park Way through the windshield

http://photos.torresa.com/main.php?g2_itemId=2998&g2_page=7

Last hours before they closed the bridge through sun roof (couple pages worth)

http://photos.torresa.com/main.php?g2_itemId=28319

I never really go though and edit them..

Nice pictures man.

lol I done that a few times myself (Do not try this at home ;) )

On the Blue Ridge Park Way through the windshield

http://photos.torresa.com/main.php?g2_itemId=2998&g2_page=7

Last hours before they closed the bridge through sun roof (couple pages worth)

http://photos.torresa.com/main.php?g2_itemId=28319

I never really go though and edit them..

Nice pictures man.

Oh damn man. I want to drive that road! Looks like beautiful country. :cheers:

Not at all PCS. Very cool. Although I think I would prefer a jeep to my little sports car on some of those roads. :cheers:

Do you have photoshop? If so, I can show you some tricks that can really make some photos come alive. I did a little image editing on that first one by removing the wires, pumping up the tonal range and color, and sharpening. It comes out looking like a postcard.

3095473838_1d917ce5f5.jpg?v=0

I put it on my flickr page as "Photo_by_PCS_wasatchstrd" to show you but I'll pull it tonight if you want. I didn't want to take credit for your good work. :D

Yes I do. Used it on that one, but decided used the "undo" option after wards. Sigh. Felt like I was cheating taking out the bugs and the power lines. Did use the quick selection tool and the magic wand to sharpen things around the edges, but left everything else alone. That was a quick pic with an old Fujifine pix. Looks good. "In collaboration with..." :)

Yes I do. Used it on that one, but decided used the "undo" option after wards. Sigh. Felt like I was cheating taking out the bugs and the power lines. Did use the quick selection tool and the magic wand to sharpen things around the edges, but left everything else alone. That was a quick pic with an old Fujifine pix. Looks good. "In collaboration with..." :)

Even the best photographers use a darkroom, even if it's digital. It's all part of the process.

Thanks. I took that one through the windshield while driving. LOL, no great skill. I didn't even frame it. I just pointed the camera with one hand and snapped. I did it about ten times and this one shot came out kind of cool.

The car guy in me LOVES the roads out there. Miles and miles of smooth asphalt winding through the woods and very little traffic.

makes me want to throw some windex on my windshield

Heh, The irony is that the wind shield on my car is the only thing wrong with it. It needs to be replaced. It's got millions if tiny specks in it, as if it was driven through a sand storm by the original owner.

The thing is that when the camera is focused on a distant object, the specks on the windshield get blurred out. Still, the color cast in the photo was from the glair of the windshield. I tried to hold the camera over the windshield (it's a convertable) but the wind was so strong at 60 mph that I was afraid the camera would blow away. I snapped one bad photo that way but it did not have the color from the glair.

Sometimes bad conditions make for happy accidents in photography. That's part of the fun. :cheers:

Archived