Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

why was Ladell Betts playing receiver?

the burgundy and gold

A few times during the game today, when we were in a 5 wide receiver set, Betts would line up as a WR. I believe the 5 receivers were: Moss, ARE, Kelly, Thrash and Betts. This happened on multiple occassions. So with that being said, how far behind is Devin Thomas if he can't even get in the game over a running back? Besides the end around to Thomas, i didn't see him get in the game very much at all. Anyways my question basically is, why the hell was Betts playing receiver over Thomas?

btw sorry if this was already posted

It is a miss-match thing. If you send 5 WRs out to the huddle the defense will put in a different package than they would for 4 WRs and a RB or 3 WR, TE and RB. The O comes to the line and puts 5 guys in WR spots with an empty back field. The idea is you get a LB playing way out of position that way and have a real favorable matchup somewhere.

you have no idea about football, you do that for a reason, a RB on a LB is a good match up, or it splits the defense out so that the middle will be open and a deep ball threat is there. It causes more man on man match up's. You just have to know football to know that's a good thing not a bad thing.

you have no idea about football, you do that for a reason, a RB on a LB is a good match up, or it splits the defense out so that the middle will be open and a deep ball threat is there. It causes more man on man match up's. You just have to know football to know that's a good thing not a bad thing.

The guy had a simple question, and it was already answered. No reason to insult him.

Archived