Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bright Spots From Giants Game?

MonkFan8

I've dwelt on the overwhelmingly poor play by the Skins today for long enough, and I've been trying to think of some positives from today's game!

Only two I could really think of was the play of Deangelo Hall and Anthony Montgomery. I thought Monty played great, and should honestly continue to start. We need a large run stopping presence in the middle of our line. Of anyone on the line today, Monty easily played the best (which, doesn't say all that much :D)

Overall, I thought Hall was our best defensive player all game. Good coverage all night, plus another INT. The guy seems to catch anything remotely near his hands, unless he's jumped by another DB.

Granted bright spots from the game are few and far between, but does anyone else have any? Anyone agree with me that Monty had a pretty triumphant return?

Devin Thomas' reverse was a thing of beauty, and showed great athletcism and heart getting into the end zone.

I can't believe no one has brought that up yet.

Yep. That was the brightest bright spot for sure. We've got to find a way to integrate him into our offense more often.

Montgomery is a beast, he was eating up space in the middle and seemed to get alot of pressue. I agree he needs to start. Hall looked great and would have had 2 picks if not for Springs damn it.

It was great to see Devin Thomas show some moves and run that in for a touchdown. It was beautiful. Its about time to see a rookie on offense contribute. I think this go to show that him and Kelly need to be given more then 1 or 2 chances a game to contribute.

DeAngalo Hall was an amazing deal, I hope we can lock him up long term in the offseason. I liked the Thomas run, and I loved the way Moss locked up his blocker to allow him a TD with the extra effort Thomas showed to get into the End Zone.

devin thomas reverse was awesome....he is too fast for us to not get him involved on those sort of plays all the time. Deangelo hall has even better hands than i thought(should have had 2 ints but springs screwed the 2nd up). and chris horton is a complete beast. He was in on almost every tackle that was made behind the line of scrimmage and love the way he throws his body and linemans legs and breaks up the development of alot of run plays

I've dwelt on the overwhelmingly poor play by the Skins today for long enough, and I've been trying to think of some positives from today's game!

We now know for sure that Jason Campbell is not the answer long term. We need to find a new QB in the offseason.

Archived