Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Portis Expected to Play

scstand

Adam Schefter of the NFL Network reports that Redskins RB Clinton Portis is expected to play on Sunday against the Giants.

No surprise here as most of us expected Portis to play. Running will be tougher against the Giants but Portis is still a must start considering how good he has been this season.

Just reported, thought this would be good news to report.

CP's a tough son of a *****. And to think, after last season (which, in terms of numbers, wasn't even really all that BAD - plus he ran behind a banged-up line all year), there were people who thought that he was already on the decline and wanted to trade him.

I just hope this season doesn't finish him, though, you know what I mean? He IS taking a pounding. Maybe, once we get through the Giants and Ravens, we should take the Bengals game to rest him if he's still feeling those injuries. In fact, I'm not even sure we should start him against Baltimore if he's still hurt. That's going to be a physical matchup and I hate sounding like I'm trading wins for "the greater good", but that might actually be a victory that finishes us off in terms of our hopes at making any sort of legitimate playoff run - no pun intended.

Clinton Portis is a Redskins through and through and if you thought he was missing a game the same day they put Sean Taylor in the ring of fame then you are crazy. I just hope in a few years the Redskins have a few more Lombardi trophies and then Portis can be put right next to him. :gaintsuck

HTTR

Portis will be in the Ring of Fame no doubt, and honestly, I don't see why Santana Moss won't either if he continues to play well for the Skins for at least 2-3 more years and if we win a lombardi.

I don't care if Portis is questionable, he will play this season. He's on a mission.

Let's see.

Clinton is banged up and can't practice all week.....check

Clinton gets well enough to play on Sunday when his team needs him....check

Clinton always gives 100 percent and plays with passion and fury when on the field.......check

I've got it............Clinton Portis is the modern day Gary Clark.

No wonder I like Clinton so much.

Glad to hear CP is gonna play today, he's def. a game changer. I have a feeling he's gonna have an average CP day, 24 carries, 100+ yds.,...

but I really have a feeling that either Betts or Cartwright is gonna step up and have an incredible game today, and when we look back on the Victory, it will clearly be because of that individual.

RIP#21

HTTR!

Archived