Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Changing Face of Time - 2012

footballhenry

Forgive my ignorance on the subject, but exactly is 'Quantum Theory' and more specifically the 'time acceleration' theory? I've tried reading up on it a bit, but it is a little confusing.

YouTube has a pretty good series called

, which describes some interesting aspects of Quantum Physics in a way that's easy to follow.

Here's a decent qualitative overview of Quantum Physics to read through, if you don't want to get your science from YouTube. :)

Honestly, IMO you need to take a class in Quantum to start fully understanding the theories and implications, because many of the insights come out of the math. Things that seem confusing or impossible really only start to seem consistent when you see them coming out of the math over and over under different circumstances.

Fair enough. It's just that you tossed it in with a bunch of other random scientific concepts, and I wasn't sure that you realized that metaphysics is a branch of philosophy, not science.

That is not correct these days. Metaphysics is also being used to describe some new concepts in theoretical physics. The differences between philosophy/science/religion are a lot smaller then most believe.

YouTube has a pretty good series called
, which describes some interesting aspects of Quantum Physics in a way that's easy to follow.

Here's a decent qualitative overview of Quantum Physics to read through, if you don't want to get your science from YouTube. :)

Honestly, IMO you need to take a class in Quantum to start fully understanding the theories and implications, because many of the insights come out of the math. Things that seem confusing or impossible really only start to seem consistent when you see them coming out of the math over and over under different circumstances.

No you don't. Quantum functions can be understood by just about anyone if they are described by someone who is good at simplifying complex theories.

No you don't. Quantum functions can be understood by just about anyone if they are described by someone who is good at simplifying complex theories.

I would still recommend learning the mathematics that's involved in order to get a firm grip of the foundation of quantum theory. It isn't exactly the easiest thing for most people to understand, and it's not exactly easy to find people who are all that great and breaking down complex theories either. If you get the math, you'll get the basics, and should understand the more complex issues without having to rely on someone else to break all that stuff down for you.

Thankyou brandymac, johnny, and mjah for not leaving me on an island in this thread.:notworthy

How do you guys interpret the holographic theories of quantum physics (i.e. the totality of the whole is found in every individual piece) ? From what I have read, there seems to be a sentiment that this holographic theory could explain 'miracles' and the like. Also, I don't know if any of you have read the Divine Matrix by Gregg Braden but I found it very fascinating.

An author I'm learning more about that I really need to look into more though is Ken Wilbur (interesting to me because he actually rejects some of the alleged 'new findings' in physics) who gives a fascinating interview here: http://www.salon.com/mwt/feature/2008/04/28/ken_wilber/

Archived