Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP: 'You're Not Safe': NFL Players in Danger?

Pete

I didn't see this up yet, if I missed it, yell loudly, and I'll merge it......

'You're Not Safe': NFL Players in Danger?

By MARK LONG, AP

Full story

Nov. 27) - Washington Redskins tight end Chris Cooley used to go to work with his house unlocked, his garage door open and his mind at ease.

Living in a distant suburb of Washington, D.C., Cooley never worried about break-ins or robberies. He had even less concern about getting beaten, shot, stabbed or killed.

That was before the death of teammate Sean Taylor, who died a year ago Thursday, a day after being shot at his South Florida home during a robbery. Cooley has made substantial changes to his security habits since, and he's hardly alone. Taylor's death and the late-night attack on Jacksonville Jaguars offensive lineman Richard Collier this year have forced the Redskins, Jaguars and many of their colleagues to adjust their lifestyles - minor deviations for some, radical transformations for others.

"Probably both of them could have been prevented by simple security measures," Cooley said. "That's sad to say, but it's the truth."

I like Samuels train of thought. My big dumb lovable dog will sacre the hell out of you when you get within 20 feet of the house, so trained security dogs are a great deturant in my book.

Really a shame it's come to this for the players..........

what sucks is that CP would be worried about me walking up to him all excited. And all I would wanna do is shake his hand and maybe buy him a drink.

I totally get it but for us real fans that would NEVER do anything to put someone in danger we now have to watch how we approach and how excited we get around them as well..

I built a house across the street from Bruce Smith.I can tell you this,security wasent an issue for him.

When you have all that $$$ and fame you become a target.Greed is a powerful thing and everyone needs to think about their family and personal well being.

Ive had my house broken into.Had $2000 stolen from me.

Sadly i wasent home to deal the proper punishment that was deserved.

such a shame man, what the heck is wrong with this world and country. can't we respect each other anymore?we don't own them and they don't owe anything to us. these are humans like us, not better or worse just humans living out their dreams. i am scared for the next generation coming up behind us.for all they talk of letting people be who they are with out judgement, theirs more judgeing going than ever before. seems to be human nature, we say not to do something and then wind up doing it our selfs.

Archived