Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should we move Taylor to OLB with Washington out?

chaught76

Course, the fact that Taylor has never played OLB outside of occasionally dropping back into coverage hasn't really occurred to you. While Taylor certainly has the physical ability, having the knowledge would be equally important, which he doesn't have.

ridiculous!!

Right now he's got enough votes to be a Pro-bowler at OLB!!!! That MUST mean he would dominate at the position!

taylor would be a liability and get pushed around?

did the redskins not play the seahawks with taylor getting signigant action at OLB? I'm pretty sure he did and he did well when doing it...

taylor had a solid game against seattle with limited snaps

I saw him get atleast 2 tackles for a loss in the run game, including one that was very impressive. he was engaged 1-1 with Walter Jones from his OLB position and was able to outmuscle walter jones with a strong inside move to take down the RB in the backfield.

I honestly think Taylor would be a great fit at strongside linebacker as a spot position but not a fulltime starter

A couple things: I wouldn't say Kiwi made the switch with no problems. He struggled out there for a bit before picking it up. Also, it is easier to make such switches when you are younger and you have a full camp to adjust to the new position. It is never a good idea to throw a guy out there at a new position in the middle of the season.

I agree with that - but such things are entirely possible and that is the point I was trying to make. Guys do change positions: Calvin Pace, Andre Carter, Greg Ellis, I think we did play JT in such a role last Sunday. IMO, we have a bunch of guys better suited as OLB's in a 34 defense than 43 defensive ends. We do play the 34 on occasion - Greg does have such a package. I think a swtich to a 34 is entirely possible but not without some tough decisions and one or two key acquisitions: NT in particular of course.

We have guys capable of playing DE in the 34 and I would love to see Carter, E. James, Rob Jackson, Wilson and/or Taylor on the field together utilizing their speed and IMO have more of an impact on the game instead of going up against OL and getting worn down and pushed around.

I say move Taylor out the door ... he stinks! With my boy Boschetti coming in we don't need this overrated POC.

:rotflmao:

And with this post, my position is now cemented. You must be doing it for fun. It worked for a while, people thought you were serious and all, but now the cat's out of the bag. There's no explanation for otherwise, you must just be doing it for your personal lolz.

Play fincher he was a real beast in pre season and Washington is washed up anyway

I think Washington's best days are behind him now. He's very fragile, and he is no longer a real threat as a pass rusher from the edges anymore. It's time to see what Fincher can do. He made the team as a backup, if he can't do it, then there's no use in keeping him.

But getting back to the OP's question, I think we would do well moving JT back to his more natural right side, while plugging Evans in on the left.

Course, the fact that Taylor has never played OLB outside of occasionally dropping back into coverage hasn't really occurred to you. While Taylor certainly has the physical ability, having the knowledge would be equally important, which he doesn't have.

Ummm.Yes he has played OLB occasionally while in Miami.Does he have all the knowledge that a starting OLB would have?Probably not.But he wouldnt be completely lost either.

Archived