Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Milk (based on the Life of the first openly Gay politician in America, Harvey Milk)

footballhenry

• 2 weeks later...

So unfortunately this movie doesn't come out in my area until the end of December, but at least were even getting it (many areas aren't getting any showings i hear). If anyone here has already seen Milk, please don't hesitate to post your thoughts on the film.

Also, I found this little short video of a review Fox News gave on Milk quite 'interesting' to say the least.

Heard a prediction that hollywood will get payback for Prop 8 in California by nominating this film and it will win best picture, simpley becuase it is a gay theme.

I wouldn't doubt it, in fact I would bet on it.

Yeah, the nomination would have nothing to do with the merits or quality of the film right? Believe me, I fully am aware that the Academy can be very political when they want to be but a measure such as nominating Milk (or it winning) for Best Picture wouldn't be viable unless the film itself stood out. And judging by the widespread critical acclaim, it seems that this film does deserve at least a nomination (but I haven't seen it so I can't say for sure until I watch it). Seriously, 81artmonk would you consider watching this film (if for nothing else to learn about the life of Harvey Milk and what this man essentially gave his life for?) and then judge it after you see it?

Archived