Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

wow Mcnabb Benched

RyansRangers

I'm shocked. What made Reid change his mind?

The pressure of losing his job. He knows he is portrayed as tied to McNabbs hip, 2 1st half INT's, questions would come up about his "loyalty" had he left him in.

Was a total chump move and should further reinforce to Eagles fans that Reid AND McNabb have got to go.

Time to rebuild folks.

Either that or Childress in Minnesota is begging their front office to get him.

I think Chilly's gone in the off-season, at least if they fall short of the post-season which I expect to happen.

I'm shocked. What made Reid change his mind?

It was a move of desperation, which hasn't been atypical for him throughout this season. He's shown this on the sidelines on challenges (the one challenge in the NYG game you could tell he knew he was going to lose as he was in the process of challenging it anyway), various play-calls, upset over things not going his way as it seems like he's hoping for, more than expecting success, etc.

To me, it's giving up on the season, which I don't necessarily object to since it's a lost season with Reid at the helm anyway. With that being said, giving up on the season was certainly not the motive behind the move for Reid, and he shouldn't have pulled mcnabb there. But I've heard that Andy's working on putting himself in a better position to pull his quarterback so it should go more smoothly in the future. :applause:

You went to the game yesterday, didn't you?

How bad was it and how long did you last? From your posts last week, it seemed to go how you expected.

I stayed the whole game. Best time I've had at a football game in a while. When you expect nothing, it's nearly impossible to be disapointed. Had a great time with the Ravens fans around me. Only problem I had was with a stupid Eagles fan in front of me who insisted the season wasn't over, McNabb was still an All-Pro, and Reid should be coach for life ("like Joe Pa," his exact words).

But yeah, looks like I had this team pretty well pegged. My issue right now is that they're so bad that I can't even begin to start making assessments on who should stay and who should go. Deciding who is a good player on a bad team is an art that I've yet to master.

I stayed the whole game. Best time I've had at a football game in a while. When you expect nothing, it's nearly impossible to be disapointed. Had a great time with the Ravens fans around me. Only problem I had was with a stupid Eagles fan in front of me who insisted the season wasn't over, McNabb was still an All-Pro, and Reid should be coach for life ("like Joe Pa," his exact words).

But yeah, looks like I had this team pretty well pegged. My issue right now is that they're so bad that I can't even begin to start making assessments on who should stay and who should go. Deciding who is a good player on a bad team is an art that I've yet to master.

I was planning on going out for other games and not watching the birds but ended up watching the game. Besides a few residual pre-game and early outbursts from watching interviews and a couple plays early on, I didn't mind the game and was surprisingly content as I likewise was resigned to the season being done as well as any real success so long as Reid is still at the helm.

As for the team, I still like watching the defense, and I think they have more than a solid foundation of personnel in place on that side of the ball and I still like Jimmy Johnson as well. The past 2 weeks they've reminded me of the Ravens under most of the Billick years in which the defense/ST can force TOs, score points themselves, and stuff teams when they get good field position all to no avail as the offense continues to flounder until it's just too much for the defense to overcome.

And the team isn't as bad as the product on the field has become as I believe it's much more coaching-influenced than a result of the personnel. They certainly have a number of positions and players that need to be upgraded, but they've got more than their share of good talent in place, particularly on the defensive side of the ball.

Yeah, he claps after his own interceptions though too. I think it was a "shake it off, you'll be ok" clap, not a "see, I told you so" clap.

I know it could have been that, to me it just didn't look like it. My friends also thought it kinda looked like a "see, told you so". But again could be wrong.

Things in this league are never as bad as they seem. Turnarounds can come with a few key additions and a few lucky bounces of the football.

It's just a matter of asking questions that seem to inevitably return to the one and only constant: Andy Reid.

Is the offensive line good enough? Hard to tell when Reid won't run the ball.

Are the QBs good enough? Who knows? No other QBs are in as consistently a no-win situation as those on the Eagles.

Are the receivers good enough? I sure don't see anyone running open EVER, but how could anyone get open when the defense knows there's no commitment to running the ball?

On and on. I don't envy whomever is picked to be the guy to assess this team's personel.

Archived