Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs: I think coach Zorn has been fantastic!

tone_dubbz

I'll say it again...

Gibbs' coaching is underrated...

Gibbs' GMing is overrated...

Yes, we now have Portis, Cooley, blah blah blah, but we also had Adam Archuleta, Brandon Lloyd, and Mark Brunell.

Meanwhile, we saw Gibbs' offense work several times... After Brunell got benched in 2004... The 2005 season... And even with Saunders mixed in, we saw it work when Brunell got benched in 2006 and Gibbs made a recommitment to Redskins football...

The reason we saw lapses in his Redskins teams is because we never had the right people to execute his system... i.e. Mark Brunell, no one to step in properly when DL and OL got injured due to the fact we used picks on White/Broughton/Lloyd/Brunell, and so on. I seriously think Gibbs could have won the Super Bowl in 2005... Maybe even in 2006 if he and Williams had done better homework on addressing DL and CB depth and Archuleta.

The only area he sucked balls at coaching was the two timeouts versus Buffalo.

just to clarify, Gibbs didnt sell anything. It is his franchise and is called Joe Gibbs Racing. he just let his son handle business while he was here.

I was referring to him owning part of the Atlanta Falcons and he did have to sell it before he could coach the Redskins?

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/articles/2004/01/08/gibbs_back_to_future/

"Gibbs owns a minority share of the Atlanta Falcons and will sell his portion. In a statement, the Falcons said Gibbs approached them several weeks ago and talked about their vacant coaching job."

Joe Gibbs is simply the Best. It has nothing to do with football. But he is the biggest person in the history of Washington sports ,any sport. And by the way LaVar you are no more than a footnote at best on the Washington Sports scene. Just sling your hash like every other exjock restraunt owner.

Coach Z would have to feel pretty good about that vote of confidence,(not that he comes across a guy who needs that). Good to know Coach Gibbs is enjoying himself in his retirement,(though I think when he watches the Skins, those x's o's cross his mind from time to time).

Archived