Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

By Sunday Night, the Cowboys will be in sole possession of last place

Westbrook36

I'm worried for Kenny. When a person's belief system is destroyed before their eyes, bad things can happen.

Hang in there Kenny...

;)

You're right. Kenny has had a rough couple of weeks. The cowgirls fed him some kool-aid for the Tampa game last week, keeping his swag alive for one more week, but Im afraid that was the last of it.

heh i guess your a dallas fan. your team has bigger problems. so much supposed talent, and you might, might be a wild card team. yeah, be proud brother.

Well we beat you with all those problems. Boy I feel sorry for you guys though, there's nothing fun about that cellar and you've been living there all season. :laugh:

heh i guess your a dallas fan. your team has bigger problems. so much supposed talent, and you might, might be a wild card team. yeah, be proud brother.

So now it's "my team doesn't suck as much as your team?"

Is this the same Eagles fanbase saying back in August that the Eagles and Dallas were going to contend for the division title?

Is this the same Eagles fanbase saying back in August that the Eagles and Dallas were going to contend for the division title?

You consistently misrepresent the expectations of Eagles fans.

An overwhelming number of fans thought this season was going to be a carbon copy of last season.

We have a national reputation of being the most negative fanbase in the league. You consistently represent us as eternal optimists.

What gives?

You consistently misrepresent the expectations of Eagles fans.

An overwhelming number of fans thought this season was going to be a carbon copy of last season.

We have a national reputation of being the most negative fanbase in the league. You consistently represent us as eternal optimists.

What gives?

Philadelphiaeaglles.com

Also,

Prior to the season, the pundits thought that Dallas was a lock to compete, but look out for those Eagles. They still have Westbrook and McNabb, etc. The Skins were looked at as a team with a new coach and low expectations, and the Giants for some reason were being discounted.

Am I remembering this wrong?

Philadelphiaeaglles.com

Also,

Prior to the season, the pundits thought that Dallas was a lock to compete, but look out for those Eagles. They still have Westbrook and McNabb, etc. The Skins were looked at as a team with a new coach and low expectations, and the Giants for some reason were being discounted.

Am I remembering this wrong?

If you read the homepage of PhiladelphiaEagles.com and expect anything less than an optimistic perspective, then I don't know what to say. Dave Spadero is a front office lackey. Anything he writes contains all the authority and expertise of a press release.

The message boards in PE.com contained predominantly negative outlooks. The calls to WIP represented that same pessimism.

I wouldn't say you're remembering wrong, but I would say you are intentionally reinforcing your impression of the Eagles fanbase as undeservingly ****y by picking and choosing the outlooks that coincide with your preconceived notion.

Nationally, I think pundits largely chose the Cowboys to finish first, the Giants to finish second, the Eagles to finish third, and the Redskins to finish in last.

When the Eagles won big in week 1 and then played the barn burner against Dallas, national expectations shot through the roof. Since then, national pundits have accurately reassess their impressions of an average football team.

Here's a thread. It's from concretefield.com./ The guy that starts it is a true negedelphian. Always loves to hate.

http://www.concretefield.com/forum/index.php?topic=20221.0

He makes his predictions for the year. WHat place do the Eagles finish (question 10). He, of course, answers third. Most of the others answer 1st or second. Most of them have the Iggs going to the playoffs.

These are the guys I come in contact with in real life. Or some kind of clone of them.

Then, as the season goes south, they slowly transform into WhoDel, hating on the Eagles and their losing ways, etc.

Here's a thread. It's from concretefield.com./ The guy that starts it is a true negedelphian. Always loves to hate.

http://www.concretefield.com/forum/index.php?topic=20221.0

He makes his predictions for the year. WHat place do the Eagles finish (question 10). He, of course, answers third. Most of the others answer 1st or second. Most of them have the Iggs going to the playoffs.

Most of those posters picked the Eagles to finish second. Incorrect, but not exactly screamingly out-of-touch.

These are the guys I come in contact with in real life. Or some kind of clone of them.

Then, as the season goes south, they slowly transform into WhoDel, hating on the Eagles and their losing ways, etc.

Sounds a lot like the Skins fans I lived among from 1993 through 2002.

And the Browns fans I lived among from 2003-2006.

And the Ravens fans I lived among last year.

In short, the people with whom you are familiar sound a lot like football fans.

Most of those posters picked the Eagles to finish second. Incorrect, but not exactly screamingly out-of-touch.

OWU, isn't this what you called me out on? I said the Fans I knew were claiming the Eagles would challenge for the division. You said, no way, why are you misrepresenting the fanbase, etc. Coming in second and getting a WC? That's pretty much challenging for the division, and that's what most of them are predicting in that thread.

OWU, isn't this what you called me out on? I said the Fans I knew were claiming the Eagles would challenge for the division. You said, no way, why are you misrepresenting the fanbase, etc. Coming in second and getting a WC? That's pretty much challenging for the division, and that's what most of them are predicting in that thread.

Well, the distinct places I mentioned were PE.com and WIP. There are no links for WIP call logs, but I think you'd agree that the commong WIP caller didn't think everything was rosy at the NovaCare complex.

PE.com may be ruled by an extremely silent majority. However, the times I ventured there this offseason things were very, very gloomy.

I swear boys I still think the Eagles will make a run. Cowboys too.

I think Dallas will win in FedEx on sunday. The Redskins are not yet who we thought they were and they are getting banged up. The Cowboys are getting healthy and their backs are to the wall.

The Eagles with their defense and QB are always dangerous, even if they are in the basement. They play "spoiler" like no other.

The Eagles with their defense and QB are always dangerous, even if they are in the basement. They play "spoiler" like no other.

I have little doubt that they'll drop a few head scratchers only to beat the Skins and Cowboys on the backside of the schedule, at which point they'll point to those wins as justification that they really weren't that bad all along, it just took too long to get going.

Then there will be few changes in the offseason.

And I'll inevitably by into the idea that we are improving from within.

Then the guys counted on to improve the team by individual progression will disapoint.

Then we'll have glaring holes at important positions, which will cost us games.

Then we'll finish near .500. Again.

Archived