Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Atlanta got screwed

NomadicSkinFan

Anyone watching the Philly game?

Atlanta got the game back within 6 and stopped the Eagles. On the ensuing punt, the punt returner ran up to field the punt, but at the last second he changed his mind and jumped back. The ball bounced back up field and was caught by an Eagles player. The refs ruled it a muffed punt. Replays showed that it most definitely wasn't. Unfortunately, it was outside of 2 minutes and Atlanta used all their timeouts trying to conserve time while stopping the Eagles, so he could challenge. 2 plays later Westbrook broke a big run for a TD.

Anyone watching the Philly game?

Atlanta got the game back within 6 and stopped the Eagles. On the ensuing punt, the punt returner ran up to field the punt, but at the last second he changed his mind and jumped back. The ball bounced back up field and was caught by an Eagles player. The refs ruled it a muffed punt. Replays showed that it most definitely wasn't. Unfortunately, it was outside of 2 minutes and Atlanta used all their timeouts trying to conserve time while stopping the Eagles, so he could challenge. 2 plays later Westbrook broke a big run for a TD.

Yes they got screwed.... The NFL needs to adopt the college system. They review every play. There is no stupid red flag. There is no wasting timeouts. They get more of the calls right then the NFL does. This is the second time this year where a horrible call cost someone a game.

This has got to change.

in some cases i agree but sorry this isnt one of them..thats just not right and it was a terrible call. the eagles r not a very good team

agreed. I have a feeling that ATL would have won that game if it wasn't for that homerish call by the ref. He clearly wanted Philly to win b/c it was so obvious that he DIDN'T touch the ball.

Screw Philly, they still suck.

That probably fell under the "Do not whistle the play dead.." thinking by the refs. Ninety percent of the time it works out..It didn't here.

Of course Atlanta still had to go over 50 yards for a TD even if they got the call.

It is not surprising they gave up the big play the game was over on a terrible call. The replay system in the NFL sucks. The refs suck and the system needs t to corrected.

They did blow the whistle because they by rule cannot advance that muffed punt.

Shh. Let everyone pretend like they wouldn't feel the same way if their team was on the favorable end of a call like that. :laugh:

That's what's so funny. Everyone is blah blah blah, but if that happened to their team, it would be cool.

Oh well, like I said, a win is a win.

Oh, I will be down at Game 4 tonight.....not inside, but I'm leaving work early today to go tailgate......with a Tug Mcgraw throwback on.....

GO PHIGHTINS!!!! :D

Even if Atlanta fielded the punt, that doesn't necessarily mean they would win. They would still have to drive down the field with a couple minutes left for a TD to win the game.

That's why I said that Atlanta got screwed. Not "refs give Eagles the game". It's not a given that the Falcons would have scored a TD, but the fact that they weren't given the opportunity because of an obviously wrong call is just bull****.

That's what's so funny. Everyone is blah blah blah, but if that happened to their team, it would be cool.

Oh well, like I said, a win is a win.

Oh, I will be down at Game 4 tonight.....not inside, but I'm leaving work early today to go tailgate......with a Tug Mcgraw throwback on.....

GO PHIGHTINS!!!! :D

sure, keep telling yourself that, if that's what you need

says a lot about your team that they need the refs help to beat a bad team rebuilding with a rookie QB, at HOME ;)

Shh. Let everyone pretend like they wouldn't feel the same way if their team was on the favorable end of a call like that. :laugh:

Umm... When exactly did this come into the argument?

Oh, I get it. Since everyone is in agreement that it was total bull****, we'll try to change the argument to "like you'd complain if it happened to your team?". And to let you in on a little secret. I can't remember the last time that the Redskins benefited like this is a game. A missed hold? Sure. A facemask when there wasn't? Sure. But a play where the outcome of the game was sealed when it was still very much in doubt? No, we tend to be on the Atlanta side of the equation.

:shhh: don't act like you don't know you got a gift

and you can't complain about getting a bad call against you in the future ;)

I think that we all know the Eagles got a gift, but they also got a win...and that's what's important at the end of the day.

says a lot about your team that they need the refs help to beat a bad team rebuilding with a rookie QB, at HOME ;)

It sure does, it says that they are now 4-3. I can honestly say that at this point, most of us Eagles fans are okay with the win, any win, to keep pace with the rest of the East. At the same time, like I said a win is a win.

Now, enough about the Eagles lucky win, there are more important things going on in our city than the Eagles.....which is why I can say, working in Downtown Philly, I actually see Red....lol

It was definitely a gift. Bad calls happen all the time. The worst roughing the passer call in the history of football was callled against Trent Cole in the first half.

I was watching the Eagles/Dallas/Skins simultaneously on Direct TV and I probably wouldn't say anything about what says what about a team after coming down to the wire AGAINST DETROIT! :laugh:

It was definitely a gift. Bad calls happen all the time. The worst roughing the passer call in the history of football was callled against Trent Cole in the first half.

I was watching the Eagles/Dallas/Skins simultaneously on Direct TV and I probably wouldn't say anything about what says what about a team after coming down to the wire AGAINST DETROIT! :laugh:

Quick... deflect... deflect...

Quick... deflect... deflect...

It is what it is. What do you want us to say? We would have definitely lost the game without that horrible call?

Come on. Anyone watching realizes that it was a horrible horrible call.

However, anyone who is a Skins fan who jumps in saying what it says about the Eagles after the stink bomb in Detroit is not seeing reality.

It is what it is. What do you want us to say? We would have definitely lost the game without that horrible call?

Come on. Anyone watching realizes that it was a horrible horrible call.

However, anyone who is a Skins fan who jumps in saying what it says about the Eagles after the stink bomb in Detroit is not seeing reality.

Dude we dominated Detroit. Penalties killed us. Look at the box score. Philly, well they almost laid a stinkbomb at home against sorry ass Atlanta.

P.S. You're an idiot.

Archived