Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

More Staph Infections

JdoubleU

Is there anything on ES about this:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3661378

Honestly, what's the deal with these staph infections going around the NFL? I thought they took care of this issue last year. I thought Kellen Winslow was a baby crying about his team's treatment of his infection. If you were a free agent & a team wanting you had a history of players getting infected in the locker room, would you go there? It's getting so guys won't shower (Yikes!) until they get home!

Honestly, what's the deal with these staph infections going around the NFL? I thought they took care of this issue last year.

It's not just an NFL problem, it's a global problem. The infections are resistant to traditional antibiotics, so they're more serious and harder to treat than ever before.

If the NFL had magically found a way to eradicate staph infections the league would be up for a Nobel Prize.

As I understand it, staph is found on human skin, where it is harmless. It needs a way into the body, such as a surgical incision, in order to do any damage. So, I don't see how the Browns organization could be at fault, unless they're sending their players off to have surgery in a filthy hovel.

There was a story in the post earlier this year about everything the Redskins have been going through to keep the locker rooms, showers and weight rooms clean to fight this, it's a problem in all sports.

Artificial turf is a problem also.

While it may seem to some that Winslow is a crybaby, he spent 3 days in the hospital and other players in the browns organization have had staff infections. Some rumors are now claiming that the Browns tried to keep Winslow quiet about his infection , which is a reversal of what was reported.

Winslow may be a jerk but I think he has a right to call out the browns on this one.

Archived