Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Liberal wins Nobel price in Economics

gbear

I know there is a rush to say liberals aren't good with money. How many times has tax & spend been used to show how poorly we understand economics. Heck, economics was a bastion of conservatism at many colleges and Universities. Now we have a liberal winning a nobel prize in Econ. What is the world coming to?

Above writteen with tongue firmly in cheek.:cool:

Congratulations Paul Krugman. Please make the term "liberal" not a derogitory term. I've enjoyed your articles in the NYtimes for years.:)

He's a pretty Clintonian liberal on the free trade bit. I always liked him for showing a social liberal need not be an idiot on how an economy works. I don't always agree with him, but his thought process is usually consistant and coherent. I'd take him and George Will for my econ guru fantasy team.

I know there is a rush to say liberals aren't good with money. How many times has tax & spend been used to show how poorly we understand economics. Heck, economics was a bastion of conservatism at many colleges and Universities. Now we have a liberal winning a nobel prize in Econ. What is the world coming to?

Above writteen with tongue firmly in cheek.:cool:

Congratulations Paul Krugman. Please make the term "liberal" not a derogitory term. I've enjoyed your articles in the NYtimes for years.:)

I actually think neither political philosophy has monopolies on piety, competence, or corruption.

I think change is good for the country when one party get's too comfortable and out of touch...

Every now and then you have to swap out the crooks.

Semantics lovers, by the way, will point out that technically, this is not a Nobel prize, as Nobel did not feel economics was a real science (insert your own joke here), and so did not include it as a category. It was only added much later by the Swedish central bank, which now runs the show.

Archived