Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wildcat....Portis and Shaun

RSimports

My apologies DH, it seems we both misunderstood each other.

The point I was trying to make was that from what I've seen to press of Zorn's scheme, I didn't feel the need to change.

#1. I believe it would be ridiculous to have the SW as your base offense in the NFL. It works in college because you don't need to have QB's pass 20-30 times a game in college... unless you WANT to. You can have successful running programs in college... but you have to be more well-balanced in the pros.

It'd be good for some plays.... assuming an OC wants to.

#2. NEVER have I even advocated the Skins using it. I don't even think the Skins have the personnel to run it. The people that are suggesting Portis and ARE are outing themselves as fans who don't know anything about the SW.

All they're doing is listening to the hype.... and thinking "hey, why don't we try this?" without knowing what "this" is.

#3. I could care less whether the Skins use it or not. It's a great and interesting offense, as far as my own needs/concerns as a coach.... but not ONCE have I even thought the Skins should/would/could use it. It's unnecessary.

It's a new wrinkle.... but the Skins have enough of their own wrinkles as it is. So who cares.

Archived