Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do we put Brooks on IR

MonkfortheHall

Punting is a head thing.. Punting and place kicking are the only things that don't change a whole hell of a lot from college to NFL. I just think we made a mistake drafting him, and made another mistaking keeping him over Frost. I don't want to make anymore mistakes with him. Cut him loose.

It's funny you should bring up ole Frosty in your argument, as he is one of the punters Plackemeir will be competing against this Wednesday in Green Bay before he comes to try out here. If Plack wins, Maybe we can have Frosty back, lol.

Hail

Why not place him on the practice squad and get him working with the team shrink. There are all kinds of advancements in the field of Sports Psychology that could help this kid reach his potential. IR is a little drastic for an injury as minor as his. Methinks.

You know that if he's on the practice squad he is totally unprotected from another team picking him up. He hasn't shown much for another team to want him, but there are several teams looking for a punter who might take a chance on him.

I would be fine with stashing him on IR. If his quad isn't hurt bad enough for IR, it seems there are many fans who would line up to punch him in the face. :doh:

Didn't Zorn say that Brooks kicked fine in practice? If so, for Brooks, it might not be a physical problem but a psychological one.

If that is the case, the only way to know how Brooks is going to perform in a game is to have him play not rest and more practice. Brooks is just going to have to fight through it and perform. Rest will not stop one from choking.

possibly if he is punting well in practice, one could make the argument that practice is still slower than a game. i mean, in practice, the defense may pin their ears back and rush hard. but it will still be slower than an opposing defense pinning their ears back trying to get a block.

Archived