Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Impatiently Waiting for Sunday.....

BurgundyandGold44

this season has been without a doubt a very exciting and enjoyable one thus far. i, like most of skins fans, have been following every skins report/transaction since free agency. now that they have blown away all of my expectations after the first five games, i simply can't get enough of them. to put it in other words: i'm a redskin addict. i've browsed through every video on redskins.com tv, seen every clip on nfl.com and espn, read possibly every blog and article out there on the internet, and lurked at almost all the threads made on this forum. i can't stop myself from grinning from ear to ear everytime i find information about the skins. i, for the life of me, can't wait for sunday's game and am wondering what you do in order to past the time. i would try to sleep until kickoff, but i don't think that would keep me from this obsession. PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY ADDICTION. sunday couldn't come sooner.

this season has been without a doubt a very exciting and enjoyable one thus far. i, like most of skins fans, have been following every skins report/transaction since free agency. now that they have blown away all of my expectations after the first five games, i simply can't get enough of them. to put it in other words: i'm a redskin addict. i've browsed through every video on redskins.com tv, seen every clip on nfl.com and espn, read possibly every blog and article out there on the internet, and lurked at almost all the threads made on this forum. i can't stop myself from grinning from ear to ear everytime i find information about the skins. i, for the life of me, can't wait for sunday's game and am wondering what you do in order to past the time. i would try to sleep until kickoff, but i don't think that would keep me from this obsession. PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY ADDICTION. sunday couldn't come sooner.

I think it's safe to say that companies around the DC area are experiencing a "lull" in productivity this week. The Redskins have looked good at times since 1991 without a doubt, but they've never looked like this. I think that everyone senses a different feel to this team that could indicate that they're on the brink of something special.

Everyone says that we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves (and we probably shouldn't...), but assuming we end up 7-1, we could be looking at home field advantage throughout the playoffs. (Since I'm a fan and not a player or coach, I reserve the right to look ahead.) Realistically, I think we'll sweep the division at home (making us 5-1 in the NFC East), and possibly drop either the Steeler home game or the Seattle road game. (I know the Seahawks aren't appearing to be good this year, but that's a tough place to travel and to play.) Going into the last week of the season, we might well have wrapped up everything that we could possibly wrap up by week 17. If that's the case, then we might see a very vanilla effort by the Redskins at San Fran, so that could also potentially be a loss; especailly if the 49ers are in the playoff hunt. If we end the season somewhere between 12-4 and 14-2, we'll be in the hunt for HFA in the NFC playoffs. (At the very least we'll get one home playoff game.)

This skins are like a crack addiction, only I cant go out and buy my addiction on the corner. I have to wait 7 days, and its a long 7 days. However, the wait has been well worth it so far this season, with the exception of the giants game. But we will return that feeling in a couple weeks. GO SKINS!!!

I seem to have that same problem

Yeah, I know the feeling ... I'm agonizing over what to cook at tailgate: boneless chicken breasts, pork tenderloin or shrimp skewers. Or should I venture into a first for me and do a couple racks of ribs? (I mean - we are playing the Rams - perhaps St. Louis style ribs are in order) :D

cheers

Everyone says that we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves (and we probably shouldn't...), but assuming we end up 7-1, we could be looking at home field advantage throughout the playoffs. (Since I'm a fan and not a player or coach, I reserve the right to look ahead.) Realistically, I think we'll sweep the division at home (making us 5-1 in the NFC East), and possibly drop either the Steeler home game or the Seattle road game. (I know the Seahawks aren't appearing to be good this year, but that's a tough place to travel and to play.) Going into the last week of the season, we might well have wrapped up everything that we could possibly wrap up by week 17. If that's the case, then we might see a very vanilla effort by the Redskins at San Fran, so that could also potentially be a loss; especailly if the 49ers are in the playoff hunt. If we end the season somewhere between 12-4 and 14-2, we'll be in the hunt for HFA in the NFC playoffs. (At the very least we'll get one home playoff game.)

You lost me when I read the bolded text above...

You realistically think we'll just sweep our division at home? I'm not saying we can't, but I think I'd go ahead and assume that we might drop one of those three (if not two). Remember, the other three teams will be in the hunt as well.

I think we should hope for 7-1 but, objectively, you have to assume we'll drop one of the next three. So, I'm saying 6-2 at the halfway point and 5-3 or 4-4 down the stretch (with possible losses vs. Pittsburgh, vs. Dallas, vs. NY, @Baltimore).

That would give us 10 or 11 wins in Zorn's first season...nothing to be upset about!

Archived