Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Week 13 game vs Giants to be FLEX game??? Very likely...

FunBunch7

I know it's early and they usually announce the games to be moved to sunday 11 days before the game, but this looks like a likely canidate to be moved to the NBC Sunday Night game.

You have to think that NBC will want to get us again this season and there aren't a lot of other games that are as appealing...

Week 11 we host Dallas on NBC...the week 12 Seattle game will NOT be considered since Seattle is in the tank...week 14 at Baltimore wouldn't beat at Dallas/Pittsburgh the same week...week 15 at Cincy? NOT!...week 16 Philly at Washington...not unless Philly gets it together...week 17, who knows...it could be any number of games of teams with playoff spots or seeding on the line...

So our week 13 game vs the Giants looks to be our best bet!

I know it's early and they usually announce the games to be moved to sunday 11 days before the game, but this looks like a likely canidate to be moved to the NBC Sunday Night game.

You have to think that NBC will want to get us again this season and there aren't a lot of other games that are as appealing...

Week 11 we host Dallas on NBC...the week 12 Seattle game will NOT be considered since Seattle is in the tank...week 14 at Baltimore wouldn't beat at Dallas/Pittsburgh the same week...week 15 at Cincy? NOT!...week 16 Philly at Washington...not unless Philly gets it together...week 17, who knows...it could be any number of games of teams with playoff spots or seeding on the line...

So our week 13 game vs the Giants looks to be our best bet!

I don't know if the list of games that Fox and CBS are protected have been released yet. It will be interesting to see their respective lists for weeks 11 through 16.

Also consider that, for weeks 11 through 16, the league did schedule a game in the night slot. I figure that the originally schedule game needs to have less enough meaning to warrant a move.

For Week 13 (when we host the Giants), the night game is Bears-Vikings. That's a big "NFC Norris" division showdown with the Bears leading the division and the Vikings with plenty of time to get things going.

Week 14 ... I see Cowboys-Steelers on Fox's list of protected games, given that it's already scheduled for 1615. The current night game is Patriots-Seahawks which, based on current records, I see being moved. If the Ravens get back on track and we stay the course, NBC may find this game interesting with both teams in their respective division hunts and the "Battle of the Beltways" or another "I-95 series".

Week 16 is another possibility ... night game scheduled is San Diego at Tampa Bay. This is a Fox doubleheader week and there is no game schedule at 1615. The game likely to move is Steelers-Titans which means we would likely be the featured late game on Fox.

my few cents

It'll be the late game on Sunday. 4:15 et start.

Week 13 is a CBS doubleheader ... if it gets moved, it would be to 1605 because CBS wants the Jets (hosting Denver) at 1300 which is very likely.

When the schedule first came out, Week 13 had Indianapolis at Cleveland (along with Kansas City at Oakland) in the 1615 ET slot. Not long afterward, they moved Ind-Cle up to 1300 and Pittsburgh-New England down to 1615. I have a feeling CBS may protect Steelers-Patriots.

:2cents::2cents::2cents:

Archived