Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Re: Hixon - Is Denver incompetent?

KiwiSupaFlyNuka

It'll get better. Marcus Thomas is starting and playing very well. Once we get some help for that side things will come together. Try not to act too jealous.:D

I'm kind of curious as to why you'd accuse a Skins fan of being jealous. Your passing game has only improved slightly over the past 5 or 6 years while your running game has begun to decline and your defensive play has gotten much, much worse over the same period.

Thus far this season the Skins have a rapidly improving passing game, a resurgent running game, and a stalwart defense that has been enthused with young talent over the last couple of seasons.

Round these parts....

Bird = Eagles = NFC East most hated rival.

Thats like me perusing an Eagles board and low and behold an Eagles fan with the screen name Skins4life.

Who woulda thunk it? Screw you.

All assumption of your part so blow me. Typical prick from New York that thinks their **** don't stink. This may be new to you, but if you click on a person's name you can view their public profile, and low and behold see their favorite team!!

Who woulda thunk it?

All assumption of your part so blow me. Typical prick from New York that thinks their **** don't stink. This may be new to you, but if you click on a person's name you can view their public profile, and low and behold see their favorite team!!

Who woulda thunk it?

I clicked on your name and I still haven't figured out who TheFAKEJBird is. :whoknows:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=9716 .

That is his complete career stats, including KR/PR stats.

If the OP is actually serious, and is not on crack, then this has got to be the most homerific, ridiculous, and asinine thread in the history of NFL message boards. Damn, and Giants fans are the only one out of the Eagles/Philthy/Giants fan base that usually don't talk out of their ass.

They've been more annoying since February then the Eagle and Cowboy fans combined. I want to slap all the Redskin fans upside the head for rooting for the Giants in the SB. I NEVER root for a division rival to win a championship. Even if it meant the cheaters win. We don't have to hear it from Patriot fans. But Giant fans are in here like mosquitoes. Just another day for Kiwi bragging about his team. He can't get enough validation from Redskin fans.

I mean, this guy is darn close to what you'd describe as a "perfect" football player - a phenomenal, very rare talent, IMO.

In all honesty, this might be the worst personnel decision I can recall. Thanks Shanahan. Your garbage is one of the toughest, most versatile players on a tough, versatile championship football team. This kid has learned all 4 WR positions, so the Giants can line him up everywhere. He returns punts and kicks. He covers punts and kicks. He run blocks. He's good on reverses.

And imagine if DEN had Marshall, Eddie Royal and Hixon right now? They'd be scary.

You made an ass out of yourself by saying Denver releasing him is the worst personel decision ever made. You said hes is the "perfect football player" even though he hasn't done squat in his career yet. You were proven wrong by multiple people and now your making up random BS like "open your eyes, you don't know blah blah blah".

Please stop embaressing yourself. If this was an attempt at humor, you failed badly.

I didn't make an ass out of myself. That's just your anger spouting out the mouth cause you don't like what I'm saying. I'll say it again, Denver made a HORRIBLE decision letting Hixon go. We even had a Denver fan post in the thread conffimring it wasn't supposed to happen. You mad?

When did I state he was the "Perfect football player"

So I guess in your eyes, great football players just get drafted with a label "Great" on there forehead to distinguish between the not so good ones. This must obviously be the case as you only recognize playing time and real time statistics as a measure of a football players ability. The sad part is, without even looking; I bet in his frst game starting, Hixon had a better game in less than one half than any wide receiver on the Redskins roster yesterday. Dumb Ass! lol

Show me where I was proven wrong? This is not humor, but I just turned you in to a big joke. :)

:rolleyes:

Some fans are simplythe type who watch their favorite team's games and no others. Therefore, by virtue of complete ignorance, they assume all the players on their team are the best at their position throughout the entire league.

Growing up, this was how I viewed all Skins fans. On extremeskins, no one fits the profile more than Kiwi.

Douchebag say what??

Chargers | Hixon scheduled to meet with team

Sat, 8 Apr 2006 09:03:16 -0700

Gary Estwick, of the Akron Beacon Journal, reports Akron WR <A href="http://www.kffl.com/player/14195/nfl" ">http://www.kffl.com/player/14195/nfl"

Domenik Hixon is scheduled to meet with officials from the San Diego Chargers, according to his agent Eric Metz.Draft

FROM FOOTBALL.COM -

Domenik Hixon (WR-Akron #23) measured in at 6.024, 200, ran thw 40 in 4.34, had a vertical of 38.5, did the short shuttle in 4.04, and the 3 Cone in 6.65 Caught passes from Charlie Frye who was kind enough to drive down to Akron after his workout in Cleveland with the Browns that morning of March 4th. Twelve Teams including Green Bay, San Diego, Indianapolis, Pittsburgh, Jacksonville, Cincinnati and NY Jets were very impressed and asked his representatives "Where did you find this guy?."

In fact, Hixon started at free safety his first two years and moved to wide receiver when they were short on talent for Charlie Frye to throw to. He returns kicks and punts, can play defense, comes from a disciplined military family with a strong Christian faith. He trained in Arizona under Warren Anderson who claims he was the best player he worked with this year. Another half dozen teams are coming in to see it with their own eyes this Thursday March 23 at 1:30pm and he already has April visits with San Diego and NY Jets scheduled. Hixon will undoubtedly draw even more attention in the coming weeks. Class act with unbelievable work ethic and scored 29 on his wonderlic.

Who woulda thunk it?

Ehhhh shuddup and call the Waaaaaa-mbulance.

Who wastes there time viewing public profiles on a message board? Just give me a nice and simple screen name that truly represents why your here. sheesh

Wow. This post is so ignorant I don't know what to say about it.

It all depends on how you look at it.

Consider the following...

- Brian Griese put up 3200 yards through the air in 2002

- Jake Plummer had over 4000 yards passing in his first full year as starter in 2004

- Plummer had 3300 yards in 2005

- Plummer and Jay Cutler combined for 3500 yards in 2006

- Cutler came up with 3500 yards in 2007

This means that regardless of who has been at QB, you can expect the Broncos to put up around 3200-3700 yards through the air every season. That's very, very good.

Now... Cutler has some truly amazing wideouts and is on pace for a whopping 4500 yards this season. Thats a hefty figure and is incredibly impressive in and of its own right but it will also be very difficult to maintain down the stretch. Furthermore, do you really think he would be averaging 300 ypg up to this point if his team could actually play a little defense and hold the lead?

Give the Broncos a defense and a rushing attack more like what they've had in years past and I'd be willing to bet Cutler would fall back into that 3200-3700 yard range.

Denver fan here. We lost Hixon because we were trying to sneak him onto our practice squad. It obviously was a mistake. Remember we drafted him in the fourth round so its not like we didn't think he could play. For what it's worth, Hixon is part of the epic draft that has turned the team around from '06. Basically every player from that draft is a starter, if not a star. They include:

Jay Cutler, Tony Scheffler, Chris Kuper, Brandon Marshall, Elvis Dumervil, Dominik Hixon and Chris Eslinger.

That's how you draft, ladies and gentlemen. :notworthy

In the middle of the season? Doubtful. I think it had more to do with what happened in Buffalo in Week 1. Hixon was the one Kevin Everett was trying to tackle, and Hixon never seemed to be the same after that. I thought he was really tentative returning kicks after that until he was cut.

• 3 months later...

When Champ Bailey left DC, he mainly left the us because of stability. We were always changing coaches and when we didn't we changed defensive coordinators. He left and since then we have had the same defensive system in place and have had a top 10 defense 4 out of 5 seasons. Of those seasons we have been in the top 5 three times.

In Denver they have had a different defense coordinator the last three seasons and will have another defensive coordinator for the 09 year. Champ Bailey is a great CB, who is hall of fame worthy, but he would have been even better in burgundy and gold due to the stability we have had over the years.

Archived