Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question for ES Cops or Former Cops

#98QBKiller

Butt hurt? Cop crusade bandwagon?

*sigh*

I'll tell you what, Mike. Call me when you calm down and we'll catch up. This is stupid.

(BTW, this is a little technique we *******s somtimes use called "defusing.") :cool:

well dont hold your breath because I dont plan on touching on this again until you learn to read properly and stop being so defensive and overreacting.

(see that is what I call "stirring the pot") ;)

I'm pretty hard on cops as HH and others understand fully (and never fail to slam me for it, which is cool) but in this situation I don't see what the cop did wrong. The kid got yelled at... what's the big problem?! A cop rolls up and he doesn't know who is involved (like HH already said) you have to cut them some slack. Imagine coming on the scene of a fight with everyone in a big group, are you going to know who is who? Also I've seen more than a few fights where the peacemaker ends up in the fight himself.

Cops deserve to be looked at when they kill or seriously hurt unarmed people. You can't just give them the benefit of the doubt when things happen that can't be taken back. But if you just get yelled at listen to the cop and do what he says. His job isn't easy and the situation he's about to jump into isn't safe. Just stand where he tells you to stand and let him do his job.

as a cop you HAVE to take every situation as if it was life threatening, unless your working construction, traffic or school resource. Every single traffic stop could be your last every single domestic violence call could be your last call. While I believe that a lot of LEO's become jaded and learn not to trust anyone I assure you this is not the way they all are.

This is how it works generally speaking - if you have any encounters with a cop you genearlly have a negative view because at least one of those time you were in the wrong (speeding,drugs,drunk in public)

If you have very few encounters with police your view is positive (DARE,Community,Traffic Accident).

Its just like the Military for every hero in uniform you meet who saved a kid there are soldiers who senselessly kill innocent people. So some Iraqis will have positive and others will have negative

Thanks for the answers guys, I see the thread has gone on to a different debate but one more quick thing that I didn't see...if you ask for the cops badge number and name is he required to give it up?

Well Typically the name and badge number are on display on thier shirts so just by showing up they are giving you thier name and badge #.

Thanks for the answers guys, I see the thread has gone on to a different debate but one more quick thing that I didn't see...if you ask for the cops badge number and name is he required to give it up?

Generally, yes, when it's safe for him to do so.

You can also request his official police ID (even if he's in uniform) and he is required to present that as well. Again, when it's safe.

The only reason I managed to not get similar treatments in the past when I was breaking up fights or involved in one, (when I was bouncing and as a bartender), was because it's a small town and they knew me. They even commented several times how that was an advantage for them at times like that.

lets be honest here when it comes to asking for a cops badge number or ID, you are opening a whole new can of worms and letting that already ******* cop know you are going to report him to his boss. there is a good chance you wont get it or you will get messed with even more.

I'm pretty hard on cops as HH and others understand fully (and never fail to slam me for it, which is cool) but in this situation I don't see what the cop did wrong. The kid got yelled at... what's the big problem?! A cop rolls up and he doesn't know who is involved (like HH already said) you have to cut them some slack. Imagine coming on the scene of a fight with everyone in a big group, are you going to know who is who? Also I've seen more than a few fights where the peacemaker ends up in the fight himself.

Cops deserve to be looked at when they kill or seriously hurt unarmed people. You can't just give them the benefit of the doubt when things happen that can't be taken back. But if you just get yelled at listen to the cop and do what he says. His job isn't easy and the situation he's about to jump into isn't safe. Just stand where he tells you to stand and let him do his job.

You're fair and consistent in your judgements for the most part, Des. And I can respect that, even when I disagree with your conclusion.

I think this post is spot on though. Well said.

lets be honest here when it comes to asking for a cops badge number or ID, you are opening a whole new can of worms and letting that already ******* cop know you are going to report him to his boss. there is a good chance you wont get it or you will get messed with even more.

Dude you have some serious issues

You're fair and consistent in your judgements for the most part, Des. And I can respect that, even when I disagree with your conclusion.

I think this post is spot on though. Well said.

thanks man. Bottom line is, sometimes we all need to check our egos. If a cop yells at you, yeah it sucks. But you got yelled at... it's not the end of the world. Meanwhile the cop is thinking "man I hope I don't get shot". He's got bigger things to worry about than wounded egos.

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. because i am all alone in this.

you have some serious issues if you think what you said right there is going to get anywhere positive.

Not trying to get anywhere positve. I have no intention of changing peoples minds about anything. Mine and Peoples words mean nothing and thier actions mean everything.

thanks man. Bottom line is, sometimes we all need to check our egos. If a cop yells at you, yeah it sucks. But you got yelled at... it's not the end of the world. Meanwhile the cop is thinking "man I hope I don't get shot". He's got bigger things to worry about than wounded egos.

This member of the choir, having seen a friend in uniform shot in the head, says "amen."

Not trying to get anywhere positve. I have no intention of changing peoples minds about anything. Mine and Peoples words mean nothing and thier actions mean everything.

so what did you want to accomplish by saying that?

just wanted to let me know that you think i have issues? or did you want something else? I am confused honestly and without coming across wrong I would like to know what exactly you meant when you said that I have issues. Is it because it is so foreign to you to believe what I said or that you really think I have deep problems?

Im curious..

so what did you want to accomplish by saying that?

just wanted to let me know that you think i have issues? or did you want something else? I am confused honestly and without coming across wrong I would like to know what exactly you meant when you said that I have issues. Is it because it is so foreign to you to believe what I said or that you really think I have deep problems?

Im curious..

No I dont mean that you have deep problems, I think you have serious issues with Law Enforcement from your experiences and that peoples words will do nothing to change you perception and only the actions of law enforcment officers to you can change your view.

No I dont mean that you have deep problems, I think you have serious issues with Law Enforcement from your experiences and that peoples words will do nothing to change you perception and only the actions of law enforcment officers to you can change your view.

well that comes across a lot better and hell yes i do.

Archived