Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

good team, no playoffs vs. bad team & playoffs

NJskinner

I may be getting ahead of myself here, and by no way am I implying that we will miss the playoffs. But, this thought just crossed my mind, so I thought I would share.

Would you rather:

Be a good team, (ie. Redskins) and miss the playoffs because the division and therefore your opponents are far superior to any other division out there.

Or

Be a average team, (ie. Cardinals, Seahawks, 49ers) and make the playoffs because, unfortunately, someone has to come out of the NFC west.

My feelings are that I would rather be a good team and miss the playoffs because not only do I love being in the NFC East, but also because I will have more fun watching the Skins battle through their 16 games and miss the playoffs rather than watch sub par football the entire season just to be blown out of the water in the first round. (Although, hosting a playoff game would be very exciting) It's Dallas week....:dallasuck

Given how tough it is to win games in this league, my best answer would be that if you can win 9 games and get in, you deserve to be there. Now I do have a problem with teams getting in at 8-8.

And for as bad as the NFC West supposedly is......well, who knocked us out of the playoffs the past two times, and made it to the Super Bowl one of those times?

Get to the paloffs is what it's all about...ask the Giants.

YOu could argue that going into the playoffs last year, the Giants were a mess...despite their "morale victory" losing to the Patriots in the season finale.

Certainly no one expected a Super Bowl run...but the DID go a run!

Playoffs baby! Extend the season!

Given how tough it is to win games in this league, my best answer would be that if you can win 9 games and get in, you deserve to be there. Now I do have a problem with teams getting in at 8-8.

And for as bad as the NFC West supposedly is......well, who knocked us out of the playoffs the past two times, and made it to the Super Bowl one of those times?

1. Huge homefield advantage(which they automatically get in the wild card round for winning that sorry ass division).

2. The West, especially the Hawks, blows even harder this year.

Archived