NFC EAST total scored: 237

NFC NORTH total scored: 198

NFC SOUTH total scored: 181

NFC WEST total scored: 156

AFC EAST total scored: 144

AFC NORTH total scored: 98

AFC SOUTH total scored: 115

AFC WEST total scored:197

It's sort of skewed as Baltimore and Houston had bye weeks. Lets assume they both score 20points... it will still be much less then our division. 135 for the AFC south and 118 for the AFC north. We have scored by far the most points. This means the NFL will take notice and move more NFCE games to prime time :cool:. Offense = ratings.

Lets also look at how many points allowed

NFCE: 151

NFCN: 201

NFCS: 168

NFCW: 143

AFCE: 130

AFCN: 112

AFCS: 136

AFCW: 206

These stats are also skewed because of the byes so lets add 20 points to each division. 132 for the AFC North and 156 for the AFC South.

We're still pretty good but not the best but we have by far the best ratio of points scored to points allowed.

NFCE: 237 to 151 = +86

NFCN: 198 to 201 = -3

NFCS: 181 to 168 = +13

NFCW: 156 to 145 = +11

AFCE: 144 to 130= +14

AFCN: 98 to 112 = -14

AFCS: 115 to 136 = -16

AFCW: 197 to 206 = -9

The AFCN would have +6 (adding the 20points) and the AFCS would be +4. Still pathetic.

So we know that AFC is pretty bad compared the NFC and that the NFC East is by far the best division in the NFL so far. I am pretty sure by the end of the season we will still be #1.

What does this mean to us? It means that we ****ing own. No other division can claim anything now. We can also use the "but we have the toughest division" excuse to justify a sucky team and be factually corrrect :D.

Points scored or not, the talent level in the NFC East is far beyond any other division.

Right now, I'd say Philly, Dallas, and New York are as good a pick as any team in the division to win...hell even the Skins might surprise some people.

Sure, two of our divisions came against St. Louis, but they were blow outs.

The Skins beat a pretty good Saints team.

All 4 NFC East teams are playoff teams in any other division.

The biggest thing to look at is winning percentage outside the division. 100% is a very telling stat. That being said, 2 of those wins came against ST Louis. Our division also beat the Browns mightily and the Saints in a close one. Those are two predicted contenders.

Watching last night's game, I think it's clear that Dallas and Philly are ahead of every other team in the league right now.

No disrespect to the Giants, but even they are in the second level of teams in my opinion.

I have to agree here, at least on the offensive side of the ball for sure. The Cowboys are a juggernaut. However, they just had Roy Williams go down with a forearm fracture and Witten is having his shoulder examined today. They are still awesome though.

Philly is back as long as McNabb stays healthy. If DeSean jackson can keep his head out of his rectum he's going to be Rookie of the Year. (Or Felix Jones...)

Watching last night's game, I think it's clear that Dallas and Philly are ahead of every other team in the league right now.

No disrespect to the Giants, but even they are in the second level of teams in my opinion.

There's a big thread in the Stadium about this, but I came away with the opposite impression - two dangerous teams with considerable firepower, but flawed, as well. A lot of mistakes and blown assignments.

It's odd. People will ooh and aah over a high-scoring game like this and talk about how good a team is to produce that many points. If that game were 13-9, you would probably be hearing more about each team's flaws rather than their capabilities.

Yet, people will then go on and on about how defense wins championships. :confused:

Myself, I would have been more worried about a low-scoring game. We know both teams have very good offenses, but a defensive struggle would have shown that they had stellar defenses to go along with it. This game just showed that, like everyone knew, these teams can move the ball and score points. But, it also showed that the defenses couldn't handle a good offense very well. At this point, I think it's safe to say that the Redskins defense is better than either Dallas or Philly's. Whether it will be in 2-3 weeks is another question, but I don't think either defensive coaching staff is feeling good about itself right now.

I would be tempted to agree only because the Chargers are stumbling, the Colts are sleepwalking through victories, and Pats are without Brady. It will be interesting to see how Denver fares in the next few weeks though.

Archived