Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Possible Defensive Shuffle

method man

I hate to beat a dead horse, But again the draft helped us how???

Week 1: Kelly injured, Thomas 1 pass for 8yrds, Davis inactive,Justin T. is horrible, Horton 2 tackles??....

When I look at the players we all talked about (Cason, Phillips, Jackson, Flowers) we passed up it makes me sick. They all had great games and were available in the first and second round. Even Merling got pressure and made tackles.

But hey we boost our Offense. It was a top 15 offense now were what 31 or 32?.

We really only had big problems against the run on a couple of occasions and the Giants are a pretty good running team. The game was Landry's first of the year (he said he probably needed one before he'd be 100%), Spring's was out and Taylor was not 100%. Our biggest problem defensively was an offensive game plan that was designed for 3 and outs. I mean, if all you think you can do is 4 and 5 yard outs, don't you need to make sure that 3rd downs require less? Don't run/run/pass, run/pass/? or pass/pass/?! Give someone enough opportunities and they will beat you (which makes the 2004 defensive performance even more special). I never really expected the defense to put up stellar numbers in the yards categories anyway. Blatche-run defenses have been more about coming up with big plays. The Smoot drop gave them 3 points while 'Los dropped another pick-6 that would have been worth a total of 10 points (no FG for them and 7 for us). On the defense, failure to come up with the big plays early is what killed the overall performance of the defense (and when you give up less than 20 points, you SHOULD win anyway). If the offense and Zorn can get their heads out of their butts, we will have a good season. I really don't think we need to do anything drastic on defense.

:cheers: What we are seeing on D is the same thing we saw at the end of preseason. I say Horton and Moore missed too many chances at tackles and now lets try Hamilton. And to be honest, we all know he couldn't do any worse than the others. My bet is he would get a starting job. My god guys, something has to change. :coach:HAMILTON:notworthy

I hate to beat a dead horse, But again the draft helped us how???

Week 1: Kelly injured, Thomas 1 pass for 8yrds, Davis inactive,Justin T. is horrible, Horton 2 tackles??....

When I look at the players we all talked about (Cason, Phillips, Jackson, Flowers) we passed up it makes me sick. They all had great games and were available in the first and second round. Even Merling got pressure and made tackles.

But hey we boost our Offense. It was a top 15 offense now were what 31 or 32?.

Its 1 game. Plus, they drafted the offensive players for the future. They needed weapons, the Skins drafted them. I didn't expect the rookies to light it up the first game. I guess you did? Merling problem is that he had a bad hip, his final year at Clemson. Durability was an issue. He didn't even work out at the combine because he was injured. But some team was going to gamble. It wasn't the Skins.

Top 15 offense? That is true. But you also fail to understand that the Skins were 20th in scoring points. That was last year, 2007.

2006 21st in the league

2005 13th in the league

2004, I won't bother putting the number up, but the Skins averaged 15 points a game. Now, you want to tell me again about not needing any offensive weapons???

:applause::applause:. I do not want to see him here next year. He repeatedly gets burned by TEs in pass coverage and doesn't have the speed to get to the QB from the LB position anymore.

Many might disagree but I would like to replace MW, and Mike Sellers, Pete Kendall with players currently on the roster or through the draft next year

I stated that earlier that this is not an overreaction but is a possible reaction to a potential poor run D showing against the Saints. I hate to break it to you buddy, but, at this point, Marcus is average. He is definitely not the Pro Bowler that he used to be in 2004 kind of like Cornelius Griffin.
Sad to see what has happened with Marcus Washington...that dude used to ball. His game has seriously declined. Doughty needs to see the bench now, not just be replaced in the off season.

I don't understand this. I can understand the issues w/ people wanting to change the offense, but our defense will still be really good. I also don't think that MW should be benched. He is a great player that brings so much to this team. The man has heart. Yes, he's getting older and has had to deal with some injuries, but he still goes out there and gives it his all. I want him to retire a redskin. That would be something where we could all say "the FO did a helluva job" in MW's acquisition here. He is a true leader, model player, and goes to war for our enjoyment every Sunday. He is the total package.

i def dont like the idea of moving marcus to the bench and onlly coming in as a situational player.bad move there. yeah he isnt as good as he used to be, but he is an emotional team leader and helps out the defense.

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

man people are freakin out after one game, lol. now we going to bench Marcus Washington?? lol

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

It's blasphemy!

Archived