Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Oakland Protestors get roughed up!

phanatic

Well it's about time these morons crossed the line, broke the law and paid for it! Trespassing on private property and blocking military shipments. I guess being asked to diperse 8 times what not enought? I think Neal Boortz sumed this one up the best:

I’ll pause a moment here for you to express your feelings of deep regret at this unfortunate incident in Oakland, California yesterday. Leftist appeasement protestors decided to carry things a step further than simple protest. They decided to attempt to block or impede the shipment of supplies to our soldiers in Iraq.

Protest is one thing. Peaceful assembly is fine. Our right to express our feelings, whether individually or in a group gathered for that purpose, are protected by our constitution. These appeasement protestors evidently thought that there was some sort of a constitutional guarantee of their right to attempt to interrupt the flow of supplies to troops engaged in combat.

Generally speaking, the appropriate military response to a group of people trying to impede the flow of supplies would be to consider those people to be the enemy, and to kill them. In Oakland they merely shot them with bean bags, wooden dowels and something called “sting balls.” Non-lethal weapons resulting in non-lethal injuries.”

The whining of the protestors borders on hilarious. One leftist goof-off named Damien McAnany said “The San Francisco Police Department never used any of this stuff on us.” Hey, Damien. In San Francisco you weren’t trying to prevent supplies from being shipped to our troops. Damien called the Oakland police “aggressive.” Awwww .. now isn’t that just a pity. And there’s nothing aggressive about trying to block supply shipments?

While it is not, and should not be a crime to protest the war, it most certainly is a crime to attempt to interfere with the operations of our military. Damien and his idiotic leftist fellow travelers should be glad they aren’t heading off to lengthy jail terms.

030408_war_12.jpg And who said ignorance is bliss?

Dont blame all the left coast...

Poll: California Majority Backs Iraq War

1 hour, 9 minutes ago Add U.S. National - AP to My Yahoo!

SAN FRANCISCO - A strong majority of Californians support the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq (news - web sites), even in the politically liberal San Francisco Bay area, according to a poll released Tuesday.

In the first statewide survey published since the war began, 76 percent of Californians questioned in the Field Poll said they support the war, putting the state in line with finding from recent national polls.

Last September, the Field Institute found 58 percent of respondents supported military intervention.

That jump apparently helped buoy Californians' opinion of President Bush (news - web sites), whose approval rating sat at 61 percent, reversing a yearlong downward trend.

The poll of 1,006 Californians was conducted over six days ending Sunday, as the news out of Iraq improved for American forces. It has a margin of error of plus or minus 3 percentage points.

More than 80 percent of those surveyed said the war is going well. Strong majorities also said they expect the war could be over within several months, with fewer than 1,000 U.S. casualties.

Although support for the war was lower in the Bay Area than the rest of the state, 63 percent of residents supported the war.

"The stereotype that one would have of the Bay Area would be that it is one of the hotbeds of the anti-war movement," said Mark DiCamillo, director of the San Francisco-based poll. "For a poll to show strong support of the war here — that's major news."

Californians' impression of how well the war is going seemed to build steam.

Last week, 1 in 3 of those questioned said the war was going "very well." By the weekend, that number had risen to 1 in 2.

Redman,

Are you referring to the Gov's race in Cali last year?

Dumb (Gray Davis) vs. Dumber (Bill Simon) - politically that is.

That was a no win situation for California...

Now that we are learning that the energy regulators manipulated prices in California...does Davis get some of the heat taken off of him?

Still think he has a long way to go before he escapes the bottom rung of worst California governors.

It's not just Davis. The Dems got a clean sweep in all statewide elections last year.

And as for energy deregulation, I'm really not well-versed in the circumstances there. But as I recall, Davis has been criticized for allowing a half-baked deregulation plan to go through due to political expediency. It's also my impression that one of the ways in which the legislation could have been firmed up would have been to have more safeguards against this same wrongdoing.

That is awfully vague and I welcome you to point me in the right direction if I'm off base.

Originally posted by redman

It's not just Davis. The Dems got a clean sweep in all statewide elections last year.

And as for energy deregulation, I'm really not well-versed in the circumstances there. But as I recall, Davis has been criticized for allowing a half-baked deregulation plan to go through due to political expediency. It's also my impression that one of the ways in which the legislation could have been firmed up would have been to have more safeguards against this same wrongdoing.

That is awfully vague and I welcome you to point me in the right direction if I'm off base.

Actually thats pretty accurate from what I can tell. That said, those arguments/accusations smack of 20/20 hindsight (not from you).

Davis was pretty much over a barrel, from what I can tell, and that pushing came from energy companies that were driving prices upwards illegally.

My wife, who is left of center and a registered Dem, absolutely despises Davis. She hates, for example how the California state budget is in a shambles, but Davis gave the corrections officers a raise so that he wouldn't appear to be soft on crime. And of course that's political payback for their support of him. He truly is a politician in the worst sense of the word.

Bill Simon was not a worthy gubanatorial candidate and ran an absolutely horrid campaign. However the fact that he came within two percentage points of beating Davis when the Dems swept the rest of the state elections says all you need to know about what most people think of Davis.

Originally posted by redman

Bill Simon was not a worthy gubanatorial candidate and ran an absolutely horrid campaign. However the fact that he came within two percentage points of beating Davis when the Dems swept the rest of the state elections says all you need to know about what most people think of Davis.

Exactamundo. That race reminded me of the Louisiana senate (?) race a few years back when you had a KKK card carrying member running against an incumbent who was up on charges of fraud...the best of the worst in this case and then.

I'll say that.

This was not a protest. This was a disruption of our military. That's a hostile act, no different than Iraqi attacking or disrupting our supply line in southern Iraq.

But again, it's a good thing Im not in charge. Let those with calmer heads make the decisions. I would have levelled the whole country of Iraq minutes after they showed the pictures of our POWs executed.

I know that Jack. And we didnt do that. But that doesnt mean that I would have, or that we should have done so.

If they were successful in stopping the ship, and that resulted in supllies not getting there in time, and as a result we lost a soldier (Say, to an infection that needed pennicyllin on the ship). Should we hold them responsible?

There is, of course, legal implications of using the military against the US public...as defined under the Posse Comitatus Act...

Sec. 1385. - Use of Army and Air Force as posse comitatus

Whoever, except in cases and under circumstances expressly authorized by the Constitution or Act of Congress, willfully uses any part of the Army or the Air Force as a posse comitatus or otherwise to execute the laws shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both

But, these protestors crossed the line when they impeded every day activities - thats when their actions went from protesting to criminal.

As should protestors who block abortion clinic doors, these protestors should be processed criminally.

The war is nearly over yet DC has to deal with these idiot and the anti capitalist crowd this weekend but atleast we have Ramsey and Homie D. Cop to take care of things.

I loved it when after the nightmare in Seattle, the protestors met up with Homie (I don't play dat)D. Cop who commenced to laying the smackdown.

Archived