Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Giants to sign DE Jerome McDougle

Skins4ever1

http://www.gcobb.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1925&Itemid=1

Written by Garry Cobb Sunday, 31 August 2008 Jerome McDougle and his family spent last night in North Jersey talking to the Giants. I can't say for sure that he has signed with the Giants but I can almost guarantee it.

At 10:30pm last night McDougle and his family were on the turnpike headed to North Jersey . It seems that Giants defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo has wooed him to New York.

McDougle was released even though he had a great training camp and preseason.

He never lived up to his draft position and potential with the Eagles but it seems he's going to get the chance to prove himself in New York.

Tell me about it. :)

OK, well, ya see, Osi Umenyiora got hurt. So the Giants put him on IR. Well then the Giants tried to get Strahan to come back, but he wouldn't. So that left the Giants short at DE. Clearly they've seen some of McDougle's flashes of brilliance, and figure that if he can.....

Oh.

Figure of speech.

Right. :cheers:

Its an easy decision for the Giants, is McDougle better than Dave Tollefson and/or Renaldo Wynn? He won't be starting, but he can possibly provide some excellent depth.

Funny thing is that the Giants wanted McDougle in '03, but the eagles traded up and got him. So the giants settled for William Joseph. WJ was a bust, but the giants got Osi in round 2. Thanks Philly :)

Spagnuolo was part of the Eagles staff that drafted McDougle... I am sure he still sees much more potential in him than the outsiders... It can be a great pick up for the Giants and McDougle already knows Spagnuolo's system.. maybe McDougle just needs a change of scenery to get his career off the ground...

Who would you rather face?

Osi and Strahan

or

McDougle and Wynn

LMAO

Hmmm. Let's see. Osi can't walk and Strahan doesn't have the heart to play football anymore. Yep. Right now, I think I'd rather face Osi and Strahan
Why do the Giants constantly sign other NFC East teams trash? The Giants are a freaking joke. I can't believe they won the Superbowl. Their roster isn't even a play-off caliber roster.
Only the Colts, Patriots, and Seahawks have been to playoffs as many times in a row as the Giants have. If they don't have a playoff caliber roster, what teams do?

Why do the Giants constantly sign other NFC East teams trash? The Giants are a freaking joke. I can't believe they won the Superbowl. Their roster isn't even a play-off caliber roster.

Wow...Do you even watch football?! Yeah, 2007 Cowboys Team had 13 pro bowlers on their squad and what did we do...WE STOMPED THEIR ASSES OUT!

;5474125']The one thing this will allow the Giants to do is have their 3rd down packages similar to last year. McDougle and Kiwanuka at the ends' date=' Tuck and Robbins at DT's.[/quote']

Um? The biggest difference is Mcdougle is not a good DE. You guys lost 26 sacks from last years roster. McDougle isn't the answer.

Another great post! I can't believe the Skins HAVEN'T won a SuperBowl since 1993!

Let's go back and look at that 22-10 drubbing you gave the GMen last year. Yee-Hah!

Archived