Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RealRedskins.com: Stirring a Frosty pot

rtandler

UnWise Mike really shanked one in his comments on Derrick Frost's complaining:

When a column starts off like that, you know it's in trouble. The implication that Brooks has to be as good as Guy or Landeta or even Jennings to be better than Frost is ridiculous. He just needs to be as good as Chris Kluwe, Adam Podlesh, Daniel Sepulveda, or any of the 24 punters that finished ahead of Frost in net punting average in 2007.

You can read the rest of the article here.

Good take Rich. However, maybe I'm reading something wrong.

If I'm Vinny Cerrato today, I really need Durant Brooks to be the next Ray Guy or Sean Landeta. Heck, I would settle for Dave Jennings.

I'm seeing it as Mike's take on it being if he's in Vinny's position. I think a lot of people are misreading it as Wise saying these are things that Vinny actually needs.

At least that's what I'm seeing from the feedback on this article around the interwebz.

To me, this is much aod about nothing. Its just like the post game interview of a player who spouts about the refs in a game causing him to lose. Sure it makes for a good story, but no real substance....just playing on emotion.

Its actually the perfect story for a site like Extremeskins - and by that I mean that its no different than the "Lets Keep Brooks", "Lets Cut Tyron", "I Love Fincher", "Mason is GOD" threads we've been seeing here all through training camp.

The main exception is that UnWise Mike is paid to be unbiased, and we the fans are not.

the mistake was not cutting Frost when the season was over.

he was never going to be the consistent player we were looking for and keeping him only lead to the messy and undignified exit he made yesterday.

remember all the guys Parcells let go in Miami in the offseason?

he simply told them they weren't good enough and that was it.

why keep them around?

Archived