Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

From the Blea(c)heer report in Breaking NEWs

SWFLSkins

This is in the breaking news area but thought it should be posted here for discussion. Originally posted by HapHazard.

How can you seriously call yourself a die hard fan when you can't even spell two of the starting tackles names?, let alone a writer-am I missing something here, Idiocracy here we come. I don't remember spelling being that important in journalism class(TIC), but really a "die hard fan"?

He can't spell Samuels and Jansen? Wow:mad:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5...ep-in-week-one

Well, lets look at some quick facts. Our All World Safety is still hobbled by a hammy, Jason Taylor may or may not be ready for opening day. Jansan seems to think he is supposed to give the defensive end a step before he starts his play. Samuals is getting pushed around like he is on the downside of his career and our two young receivers have been slowed by injuries. Have I forgotten anything? Oh yes, thanks for reminding me Jason Campbell has been consistently inconsistent for the last couple of weeks. Gosh, your right, I haven't even gotten to the linebackers yet.

I know, us DIE HARD FANS (and I am one) keep saying how great we have looked in the Pre-season. Really, but what does it mean to be good in the pre-season. Someone told me today that we were 3-0 before this game against Carolina. So what? Being 3-0 in the pre-season is like being the tallest midget in the circus, it means nothing. Go 3-0 in the regular season and we might have something.

I am in journalism school right now, and I can tell you that if I submitted that for a grade, it would come back with a big F. There are so many things wrong with that article including grammar, style, and structure, not to mention content. This guy obviously never went to journalism school, as this is the type of stuff you learn 1st semester. Everyone is now dumber for having read this. I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.

This is in the breaking news area but thought it should be posted here for discussion. Originally posted by HapHazard.

How can you seriously call yourself a die hard fan when you can't even spell two of the starting tackles names?, let alone a writer-am I missing something here, Idiocracy here we come. I don't remember spelling being that important in journalism class(TIC), but really a "die hard fan"?

I do not think spelling is a judge of fan hood. I am a die-hard fan with season tickets and ½ the time I misspell my own name. I do not think being a bad speller makes a person less of a fan. I hate when people on this board think you are right because the other person misspelled something. Just my:2cents:

I do not think spelling is a judge of fan hood. I am a die-hard fan with season tickets and ½ the time I misspell my own name. I do not think being a bad speller makes a person less of a fan. I hate when people on this board think you are right because the other person misspelled something. Just my:2cents:

It's an old trick to simply discount someone's writing that you don't agree with, just because they misspelled a word or two. As if his message is incorrect simply because he didn't know how to spell something. :rolleyes:

The preseason doesn't mean that much... and that includes the game against Carolina.

However, it isn't good to look completely out of your league in the one game that IS supposed to mean a little bit.

Carolina was flat out embarassing. Any team that is even remotely ready to play doesn't look like we did against the Panthers.

When your coach won't let the starters play in the third quarter because he's tired of them getting embarassed and didn't want to ruin their confidence any more... it's time to worry, IMO.

Archived