Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie grades - week 2 now up

azmodeus13

Man - that was sweet

Don't sell yourself short - bad diagram indeed.... looks great to me.

I appreciate the breakdown... I hope we aren't going to stay in cover 2 or soft man for the remainder of the preseason... I would love to see SOME of the press coverage we were hearing about in training camp coverage

In a cover 2 look, the corners often jam the receivers at the line because it doesn't matter if they get beat on the release, they have help all over the field. So there's press involved in alot of cover 2 schemes. :)

And thank you for the kudos :)

You're welcome - I would love to see more stuff like that on here

I understand what you are saying about the jam at the line - I just wish someone would tell the Skins CBs that. Maybe they are doing it more than I know, honestly I am watching line play more....

It just seems like we are still seeing 5-10 yard cushions a lot. I can't wait to get that DVD recorder so I can go back and watch everything....

Any other grades you would change?

You're welcome - I would love to see more stuff like that on here

I understand what you are saying about the jam at the line - I just wish someone would tell the Skins CBs that. Maybe they are doing it more than I know, honestly I am watching line play more....

It just seems like we are still seeing 5-10 yard cushions a lot. I can't wait to get that DVD recorder so I can go back and watch everything....

Any other grades you would change?

I respect what you guys are doing here, being a new group of guys and getting excited for them. However, I don't like to grade guys too much before they even make the roster.

I really like Chris Horton and Fred Davis thus far, though. I've been mildly impressed with Rob Jackson and Chad Rinehart. Colt has some stuff to learn, but I like what I see.

Tryon isn't all that great yet, but him being blamed for plays that werent his fault is definitely effecting how much people like him around here :)

Tryon continues to look lost. I know there was a man crush because he talked a lot ot **** like Smoot. Other than that, I don't understand why people had such high expectations.

Davis is doing much better than people realizing here. Zorn commented on his blocking away from the ball and blocking for the run. He stated it was very impressive. Obviously he has caught some nice passes.

Rinehart should start IMO.

Moore & Horton should earn a spot. They both look very good.

Brennan got a reality check, but should definitely earn a spot. Devine threw an easy TD pass too low.

I was impressed with Moore's size and athleticism. He didn't play particularly well, but he didn't play badly either. But he's got the look of a prototypical safety, if we can just get him to play like one.

Also how come there's no shoutouts for #40 on defense? Interception last week, some great break-ups this week. Is he not a rookie or something? He's looked like the 3rd best corner so far (Leigh Torrence had a hit-and-miss performance tonight).

Tryon continues to look lost. I know there was a man crush because he talked a lot ot **** like Smoot. Other than that, I don't understand why people had such high expectations.

Davis is doing much better than people realizing here. Zorn commented on his blocking away from the ball and blocking for the run. He stated it was very impressive. Obviously he has caught some nice passes.

Rinehart should start IMO.

Moore & Horton should earn a spot. They both look very good.

Brennan got a reality check, but should definitely earn a spot. Devine threw an easy TD pass too low.

I agree with everything but the assessment on Moore and Rinehart

I think Rinehart is doing well but let's keep Kendall at starter for now and allow Rinehart to get better. Kendall's more than adequate at LG.

Moore, on the other hand, didn't prove much to me except that he's brittle. He had knee surgery that kept him out of training camp. The first game he goes into, he hurts his shoulder? A completely different injury... I'll give him credit for getting back on the field but unless you get the wind knocked out of you, I don't think you should have trainers rush over to you and then come back out a few plays later. That just seems like he was being a baby.

Archived