Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dream Seats - Worth it?

RedskinsFanatic

So i've thought about trying out the Dream Seats you can get..IMO they are way too low to enjoy the game, but was curious on others that might have sat in them in the past. Also, do you get anything else with the tix or just that? I mean..can you walk along the sidelines before the games or anything. ~ and don't laugh at that, i've seen numerous individuals roaming the sidelines during Pregame warm ups and thought 'how in the hell are they allowed to be down there'? perhaps it's who you know. :logo:

My father and I bought dream seats for the first game against Chicago. ( The game Ramsey was replaced by Brunell )

Although we love the Redskins and it was cool to see them up close the game was VERY hard to see.

We decided it was not worth all the money and sitting further back really is a better overall experience!

No. I don't get the hype around these seats. These are the same seats that UMD cant get people to buy cause they are too low. I've sat in them once and that was cause they were free. A chief complaint with RFK was that the Lower Level was too low. Here, they charge extra for that, go figure. IMO you gotta be at least 20 rows up.

For a one time thing if you can get them at a discounted price its fun. But for every game?? No WAY! You can't really see much of the game being down that low. You do get up close to the players though. That being cool just wears off after a while.

I sit in section 122 row 1 and let me tell you...

BEST SEATS IN THE HOUSE (except for the opposite side)

So the dream seats are right in front of me and aren't much lower. I can see everything that happens and actually can see the plays develop very well, better then the 400 levels. You're high enough that you are looking down on the players and can see over the bench. You can't believe how high and close you are. Looks like a different game.

I'd recommend endzone or between the 30's. If you are side zone to the 30's you won't get to jaw with the players and you're not in the middle of the field.

I get to talk crap to all of the visiting players. Most of the skilled position superstars will talk ****, the recievers or the running backs. QBs never say a thing and the defense rarely even looks at you. But the pretty boy receivers like Plaxico or the running backs, like Ronnie brown will jaw with you all game long.

I sat in them once... I can see both sides... I was in Section 41 row 1 seat 1... Redskins side 42 yard line or so... It was awesome seeing Lavar and Marcus Washington goofing off together, and you got to hear the Defense getting reamed for not being where they were supposed to be... I liked it also because they brought Hot Dogs (what like $6 per), 20 oz sodas (what like $8 per), peanuts, whatever.. then in the 4th quarter brought warm chocolate chip cookies... So by the end of the game I had had about 3 hot dogs and 3 sodas then I got a soda to take with me for the drive home...

The bad thing was the ESPN camera was always in the way when the ball was within 15 yards of my seats...

For a one time thing if you can get them at a discounted price its fun. But for every game?? No WAY! You can't really see much of the game being down that low. You do get up close to the players though. That being cool just wears off after a while.
IMO, this is the best post in this thread. It would be cool for one game - just be prepared to watch the game action on the megatron.

i hated my dream seats. we had them against the Gaints in 2004, they were real close but horrible for getting a good view of what was going on. AND the people down there were always telling us to sit down and ish. Portis scored in our endzone though, and danced right infront of us. Other wise NOT WORTH IT!

Well thank you everyone for your opinions, I've thought alot of the same thoughts many of you expressed so I'm not going to do it. I LOVE my seats but have been curious about the Dream Seats, the location never seemed that 'dreamy' to me..too low.

Hope to see alot of ES'ers soon at the tailgate..33 days until I leave, I can't wait...:point2sky

I sat in the dream seats for free in 2006 during the Redskins/Ravens scrimmage.

The Pros:

1. You're practically on the field.

2. On occasion the players might sign autographs (or at least they did at the scrimmage, doubt they'd do that in a real game). I got Moss' autograph and just missed out on Portis and Doughty.

3. Players may actually interact with you (ex. Cooley was talking to the crowd when he wasn't on the field or talking with Sean Taylor). For somebody who might want to heckle players.....you'd love it.

The Cons:

1. Ticket prices are insane and I believe you have to sign a long term contract.

2. The field view is lousy....unless you like to see players stand in your viewpoint.

Personally, I'd rather stay where I am.....but that's me.

I sit in section 122 row 1 and let me tell you...

BEST SEATS IN THE HOUSE (except for the opposite side)

So the dream seats are right in front of me and aren't much lower. I can see everything that happens and actually can see the plays develop very well, better then the 400 levels. You're high enough that you are looking down on the players and can see over the bench. You can't believe how high and close you are. Looks like a different game.

I'd recommend endzone or between the 30's. If you are side zone to the 30's you won't get to jaw with the players and you're not in the middle of the field.

I get to talk crap to all of the visiting players. Most of the skilled position superstars will talk ****, the recievers or the running backs. QBs never say a thing and the defense rarely even looks at you. But the pretty boy receivers like Plaxico or the running backs, like Ronnie brown will jaw with you all game long.

THIS sounds like a blast. Were you able to start anything with TO?

Archived