Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Has anyone here ever been to a Skins game at Carolina??

I've got my eye on that Nov. 16 game at Carolina...I'd like to make the trip, since it's not too far away. But I've heard that going to a game at Ericsson stadium is much like going to a tennis match. Everyone has to be quiet, and if you stand up and yell you are ostracized. It amazes me that this would be the case at an NFL stadium, but maybe someone has had a different experience there. Comments from those who have been there??? Thanks!! :cheers:

Im gonna be there too. Carolina is about three hrs away and the fans there aren't jackasses. It should be a great game to watchcomfortably from sone reasonably priced seats and great cold beer............:pint:

Originally posted by Funkyalligator

I lived in Charlotte for several years and only went to one game there and it was college ECU vs. WVU and it was loud and such, never saw anything like you are talking about!!

That's different...that's a college game. I'm talking about the Panthers games...

I've been to Carolina twice (the year after they went 8-0 at home and went to the NFC Championship and the preseason game last year). I've sit in the upper deck endzone and lower level 10 yard line on the Panthers side. There are a LOT of Redskins fans there. The seats are as nice as FedEx (actually nicer, every seat has a cupholder). Parking is the snafu. You pretty much have to pay twenty dollars to park in a downtown business parking lot and walk to the stadium. It has always been easy to get in and out of Charlotte (better than beltway traffic or cruising through DC). I will be there probably for both preseason and regular season because the tix are FREE!!!!!:D I'm excited already!

I don't know where this information comes from.

I've been to several games in Charlotte and I can tell you that there is not a bad seat in the house. I think they did a excellant job building the stadium. Noise is welcome but since this is the bible belt you are not allowed to take your shirt off. :laugh:

Since most people who live here are from somewhere else there are a lot of other teams fans here. Lots of different jersey's in the stands. Most people pull for the Panters though, even as a second team, like me.

Some games it seems like this is the place to be rather than see the football action. Other games like rival games it gets kinda wild. I've been to some Saints/Panthers games that got very loud.

The Sunday night opener with the Skins when Allen ran all over the Panthers was the only game I've been to where fights actually broke out.

No, the Panthers have never beaten the Skins, preseason or regular season.

:notworthy

Never been to Charlotte, but i used to run into a bunch of guys in the US Air parking lot that made the ride three times a year to catch Skins games at Fedex. I asked them why they didn't go to the panthers games, they told me that it was very similar to what larry Brown #43 is describing.

I guess like everything, there is two sides to every story :rolleyes:

Originally posted by carlsbadd

I was thinking of making the trip also, Maybe we could get a tailgate together?

sounds good...my girlfriend and I will probably make the trip, and I may bring others depending on who's interested in going. I'll check back with you on this...I'll start a Carolina tailgate thread as the date draws closer.

I've been to one game there. It was last years preseason game. I was the only Redskins fan there that had a retro jersie. Made the trip up Carlisle last year and bought one before they were released to the public.

The two things that stood out the most at that game was 1.) They had booths set up selling Redskins gear. And 2.) A buddy of mine and myself spotted The Nature Boy him self, Rick Flair on the Redskins sideline talking it up with Darrel Green, Shane Matthews and Bruce Smith. I thought Flair must have been a Redskins fan. But, I came to find out that he's a BIG Gator fan. lol

As for the crowd, you have a bunch of "wine and cheese" crowd that show up when they are winning and don't show when the aren't. It pisses a lot of the Panthers "real" fans off. You cannot take your shirt off and I believe you can't take in signs.....which I don't mind because they can block your view.

I've been to every Redskin game in Charlotte and will be at both this year ... preseason and regular season.

- The stadium is great. Nice views from everywhere.

- The fans are generally friendly but not very loud (then again, what have they to cheer?)

- There will be a LOT of Skin fans there. This was Skin country before the Panthers came to be and not everyone jumped ship.

I'm hoping to get some area members together before the game for some festivities. Anyone interested let me know.

Archived