Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP: Hog Wild: Redskins highlight induction ceremony at Hall of Fame

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/08/02/hall.of.fame.ap/index.html?eref=T1

CANTON, Ohio (AP) -- The Hall of Fame induction ceremony turned Hog wild Saturday.

Darrell Green and Art Monk walked across the stage waving their arms and urged thousands of Washington Redskins fans to give them one more salute. Emmitt Thomas, the former Chiefs player and Redskins coach, simply waved back.

And they applauded the three other inductees without Washington ties -- Fred Dean, Andre Tippett and Gary Zimmerman -- because they understood they would have been a good fit with the Redskins' blue-collar players.

Most didn't shed a tear.

Green, as usual, was the exception.

"Deacon Jones said I was gonna cry. You bet I'm gonna cry," he said after his son, Jared, introduced him. "You bet you're life I'm gonna cry. You bet your life I will. That's my boy, that's my boy right there."

Clearly, this was Washington's showcase.

From the red-and-yellow clad crowd to the pig's snouts to the responses whenever the Dallas Cowboys were mentioned, the ceremony looked more like a team Hall of Fame induction than a league-wide enshrinement.

Fans cheered louder each time Thomas mentioned a Redskins player or coach. They chanted "Dar-rell, Dar-rell."

Yes, it had everything but the band playing "Hail To The Redskins."

It was such a partisan crowd that Green's son even joked 95 percent of it was from Washington.

Click link for the rest of the article.

No doubt. That was one of the most awesome sites I have ever seen in my...er..... years, in a sports related event,(B & G glasses on of course). The fans cheering and Art letting out a bit of a laugh and then looking at and saying something to Darrell while the fans kept cheering was great.

Archived