Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC says the broncos won the portis bailey trade

chow184

LOL @ still talking about this. I hated giving up Champ but CP has been great for us. We needed a RB bad since the Spurrier debacle crippled us. I think Champ is slowing down a bit and CP might provide more value nowadays. Of course, you can probably argue the opposite. Ill always <3 champ though. Who cares its old news!

That's a valid criticism.

Actually, I think yards-per-carry for a RB is one of the better individual stats kept by the NFL. I think we have to remember though that a power RB who consistently averages 4.0 per carry is far more valuable than a home run hitter who averages 4.0.

You've said it right here... This is what you "think." Also, when is the last time anyone got the ball 7500 times.... There is a reasonable limit to the amount of carries an NFL RB can get, and you know it. Using this argument you could give some scrub the ball 3 times for 12 yards every game and they would consistently rush for 4.0 YPC :laugh: .

The truth is that it's a combination of a lot of stats that make a RB. Footballoutsiders has just as much subjectivity in their rankings as some fan using total yardage. I guess it's how much they contribute to the teamthey are on. So, keeping that in mind, you would have to be on crack to think Clinton Portis doesn't help this team more than Champ Bailey did.... for examples, look at our W-L record! We rode Portis to the Playoffs twice.

Sidenote:

Champ - 30 yrs old

Clinton - 26 yrs old

Archived