Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wow! Best Redskins Mcfarlane action figure ever! Must see! (Edit: NOT MCFARLANE)

SkinsFanRob

Exactly. The wording is very misleading. I am tempted to complain to eBay and have them pull this auction.

It's like someone advertising a "custom" live CD featuring tracks burned onto a CD-R off the Usenet. That is a blatant violation of copyright laws and eBay policy.

I know this junk is all over eBay but the end result is that it hurts the image of the company he is ripping off and delivers an inferior product to the customer.

As long as he is not mass producing them and it is a one of a kind piece of art, then there is nothing that can really be done about it. The only violation that I see is the fact that the logos and uniforms are being used. Other than that, I don't think that it will matter much in terms of being sued by the league for violation of Copyright. Think of it as if you took a picture of a player and then sold it, would you be sued because you took some unauthorized picture of a player and didn't pay royalties to the NFL? No you wouldn't and as long as the seller isn't cranking these out, he has a right to do so. You may not like it or agree with it, but he has a right to do so.

Also about custom figures is that depending on who you get to detail the figures is the level of quality that you are going to receive. The one customizer I use looks at all the details in the multiple pictures. He sculpts and adds things on the uniform that aren't on a base McFarlane figure.

I also heard the criticism that McFarlane figures look way better than customized figures. You obviously are just blinded by the fact that McFarlane just puts out figures and you accept them for what they are. I have the Arrington, Portis, and Riggins figures. The Riggins has been the best one, but the Arrington, they gave Arrington a face mask that he wore once time. The Portis figure, they made him leaping over Ray Lewis and they too use repaints of figures. The Portis figure was originally and Ahman Green pose. I think that that the Portis Pro Bowl figure was a James Jackson of the Cleveland Browns back in the day. To say that McFarlane figures have better quality is just an opinion, one that I don't happen to agree with. If you get the right customizer, you will not be disappointed. If you try and go inexpensive, then you will be extremely disappointed.

Yeah this guy was biting off of my boy RLcustoms. He was the one who originally came up with this design and did a far better job IMO. Too bad he is no longer doing customs. He was the best.

http://rlcustoms.com/custom_info.php?cPath=21_38&products_id=637

Another great customizer who is the best out there is

www.sportscustomsonline.com (patrick winter)

He just made boston celtics trio repaint that is absolutely rediculous.

He can make just about any custom. He made the Sean Taylor return against the cowboys.

It is one of the most prized pieces I own in my Redskins collection.

Damn that RLcustoms website is ridiculous. The detail used in those figures is excellent, too bad he doesn't do anymore work

Yeah this guy was biting off of my boy RLcustoms. He was the one who originally came up with this design and did a far better job IMO. Too bad he is no longer doing customs. He was the best.

He can make just about any custom. He made the Sean Taylor return against the cowboys.

Now those look better. What kinda money does he charge?

Wow those are amazing! I would love to buy some. what are the prices like?

RL is out of business and stupidsuck can do figures, but he is very busy as well. Patrick is the new guy that I use and he is just as good as those guys that I mentioned. www.sportscustomsonline.com The only thing that I have against the guy is that he is a cowboys fan, but he is willing to do Redskins customs. He did that Sean Taylor figure for me and it really turned out well. He just did a Riggins figure for me in the 70s uniform.

Archived