Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYC Redskins Bars? (Merged)

NeverForget ST#21

Hey everybody,

I'm moving up to Manhattan next month and was wondering if anyone has any info on redskins bars in nyc (or at least a place where skins fans can go to watch the game).

Not sure if there's been any posts on this, but any info would be greatly appreciated.

Hope everyones gettin excited for 08!

I stumbled on Red Sky last September and have been going there ever since, even though I lived in Brooklyn until recently. It's always a sea of Redskins jerseys, they have $2 beers during games if you want to save money, and the food is pretty good. It's not your typical dirty NY bar. The best part, though, is the lack of Giants/Yankees fans. The place clears out pretty much as soon as the game is over, though, so you'll definitely get a seat to watch the 4:00 game if you're stuck standing for the 1:00.

Hello all! (My 1st Post) Thanks for the info. I've lived in Brooklyn my whole life and worked in NYC 16 years and this is the first time I've heard about this place and the Redskins fans!

I'll try my best to make it there for a game this year, but its going to be tough with my new HD flatscreen, the Sunday-Ticket, and a newborn at home...but I hope to see some of you there one day.

Ok folks now that the time is (finally) upon us, where are New York area Skins fans going to be watching games this year?

I was fiercely loyal to TimeOut on Amsterdam last three years but that increasingly dingy place has finally shut down for good so need a new spot, preferably on the Upper West Side.

Any thoughts?

:helmet: :helmet: :helmet:

Has anyone confirmed that RedSky is doing the whole Redskins thing again? I'm going to kill someone if they aren't

I'd be shocked if they didn't...it was very successful for them. But I'm not positive that it's been confirmed.

This is the myspace page for the guy who coordinates the setup with RedSky. LaRou still has RedSky on the myspace page, so that's a good sign. He usually checks in here at ES to update everyone on the NYC situation. http://www.myspace.com/nyc_skins_fans

The Colts and Redskins will start the 2008 National Football League preseason in the Pro Football Hall of Fame Game on Sunday, August 3 in Canton's Fawcett Stadium. The game will be televised on NBC.

The HoF Game is played the day after the induction of the Hall’s newest class of enshrinees. The Class of 2008 – defensive end Fred Dean, cornerback Emmitt Thomas, linebacker Andre Tippett, and tackle Gary Zimmerman – will be formally enshrined during a ceremony held the night before the game....oh yeah, cornerback Darrell Green, wide receiver Art Monk will be there, too.

For the second straight time, Washington will debut a new coach in Canton. Jim Zorn was named the team's new head coach after Joe Gibbs stepped down.

If you're in/near the NYC area, come join the crew at....

Red Sky Bar

47 East 29th St @ Park Ave

212-447-1820

http://www.redskynyc.com/

:logo:

the village tavern in the WV always has a lot of skins fans

But what happens on a typical (regular season) Sunday, when there are multiple games? Do they play all the Skins games with sound?

By the way, if anyone wants to be added to the mailing list, send me a pm with your e-mail.

Rou

HTTR!

Just got off the phone with Marni and Mike (who are now heading the Redskins games at Red Sky Bar). There are some really nice updates.

1. They are broadcasting ALL the Redskins PRESEASON games. They have NFL Network and have access to all games. Here's the remaining pre-season schedule:

8/9 vs. Bills 7pm ET

8/16 @ Jets 7pm ET

8/23 @ Panthers 7:30pm ET

8/28 vs. Jaguars 7pm ET

2. They replaced the (small, unacceptable) upstairs TVs with 3 large (50") flat screen TV. This will hopefully ease some of the congestion downstairs.

3. They are working on deals with Budweiser and Coors for beer deals =) are re-vamping their food deals, and having tee-shirt and jersey raffles.

4. They are planning to have a Redskins tailgate pig roast on the upstairs deck for the season opener. If all goes well, they may make it a weekly thing.

Hope you're having a great summer.

More details to come...

Rou

HTTR!

Just got off the phone with Marni and Mike (who are now heading the Redskins games at Red Sky Bar). There are some really nice updates.

1. They are broadcasting ALL the Redskins PRESEASON games. They have NFL Network and have access to all games. Here's the remaining pre-season schedule:

8/9 vs. Bills 7pm ET

8/16 @ Jets 7pm ET

8/23 @ Panthers 7:30pm ET

8/28 vs. Jaguars 7pm ET

2. They replaced the (small, unacceptable) upstairs TVs with 3 large (50") flat screen TV. This will hopefully ease some of the congestion downstairs.

3. They are working on deals with Budweiser and Coors for beer deals =) are re-vamping their food deals, and having tee-shirt and jersey raffles.

4. They are planning to have a Redskins tailgate pig roast on the upstairs deck for the season opener. If all goes well, they may make it a weekly thing.

Hope you're having a great summer.

More details to come...

Rou

NOTE: Pay attention to the NFL Network TV schedule (vs. the actual live/gameday schedule).

Here's the remaining pre-season schedule:

8/9 vs. Bills 7pm ET Game shown LIVE

8/16 @ Jets 7pm ET Game shown LIVE on local NYC TV

8/23 @ Panthers 7:30pm ET Game shown on 8/24 at 1PM

8/28 vs. Jaguars 7pm ET Game shown LIVE on NBC

So...only the Panthers 8/23 game is shown taped and on another day.

Archived