Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Congrats to Philly

WVUforREDSKINS

After 24 years since your last major sports championship win today you did the impossible. I was a month old when your sixers won the NBA championship game in 1983. That was a hell of a team, Malone, Cheeks, the doc, to name a few were all people I looked up to playing ball.

Now, you have struck again to take one of the most coveted titles in sports. Philadelphia soul has won the Arena (arena football league..Is that what AFL stands for?) bowl.

I hate admitting it, but Philadelphia continues to expand their sports dominance in areas other than classic boxing movies.

It appears as if the curse of Billy Penn has ended.

Rejoice Philladelphia, you finally won a bowl in football.

I didn't know "Philly" won the Arena League championship until reading this thread.

They better not have a ****ing parade over this. :mad:

That would be embarrassing if they did. :doh:

BTW, i've been informed the curse of Penn only applies to sports leagues people care about. So its still alive and well.:D

I didn't know "Philly" won the Arena League championship until reading this thread.

They better not have a ****ing parade over this. :mad:

Come, come now, it might be the only championship parade you have in a long time.

How did they win?

Did they pull it out in the last minute? (the WIN that is)

Was it a blowout? (again, the WIN)

Or did someone keek a touchdown?

they almost blew it. Philly had a 17 point lead with less than 40 seconds left, gave up two TD's in a span of 11 seconds, but held on by 3.

After 24 years since your last major sports championship win today you did the impossible. I was a month old when your sixers won the NBA championship game in 1983. That was a hell of a team, Malone, Cheeks, the doc, to name a few were all people I looked up to playing ball.

Now, you have struck again to take one of the most coveted titles in sports. Philadelphia soul has won the Arena (arena football league..Is that what AFL stands for?) bowl.

I hate admitting it, but Philadelphia continues to expand their sports dominance in areas other than classic boxing movies.

It appears as if the curse of Billy Penn has ended.

Rejoice Philladelphia, you finally won a bowl in football.

Since when does the Arena Bowl qualify as a "Major Sports Championship"?

Archived