Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can Jason Taylor Play 3 Years

JOEJACKSONGIBBS

Right now Taylor's finishing out his 2 year contract but i was thinking he could play an extra year and that would be 3 years of having the best DE combo

Also Strahan retired when he was 36 and still did pretty good but his talent at any point in his carrer doesnt even come close to Taylor's

The skins can make a run to the superbowl this year but having Taylor for 3 more years will increase there chances alot in next 3 years to win superbowls

Do u think he will play 2 or 3 years

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

Then your thread will get merged, and you might get NNT'd.

Anyway, I do think it's a good discussion.

I think a lot of the JT questions depend on several factors. How well does he play this year and next year? Do we make the playoffs in both or either year?

I think he'd definitely put a third year on the line for a chance to get a ring, especially if he's continuing to play at a high level.

Right now Taylor's finishing out his 2 year contract but i was thinking he could play an extra year and that would be 3 years of having the best DE combo

Also Strahan retired when he was 36 and still did pretty good but his talent at any point in his carrer doesnt even come close to Taylor's

The skins can make a run to the superbowl this year but having Taylor for 3 more years will increase there chances alot in next 3 years to win superbowls

Do u think he will play 2 or 3 years

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

It's never been an issue of can he, but will he?

Vinny seems confident we can get at least two years out of him. He may have made more recent comments since coming to Washington but last I heard from Taylor was this would be his last season.

I'm not sure where you're getting your idea of Strahan not being as talented as Taylor. Strahan is one of the best pass rushers of all time and happens to own the single season sack record, something Taylor will never attain. Strahan is a first ballot HOFer, Taylor is on the bubble.

Vinny seems confident we can get at least two years out of him. He may have made more recent comments since coming to Washington but last I heard from Taylor was this would be his last season.

QUOTE]

Actually JT said in his press conf that he would at least play out his contract that = 2 years...

You'll be surprised how going from a team that can't possibly get any worse, to a team that might be one good season away from a playoff run can make an aging player feel and play five years younger.

And, conversely, a good player playing for a bad team often finds that he ages mentally much faster than he ages physically. I'll tell you, because I watched that game between the Dolphins and the Ravens - AKA the reason Brian Billick no longer has a job. The Dolphins stole that one, and they probably knew they stole that one, but that didn't matter. They had won for the first time that season. Jason Taylor suddenly looked years younger.

Let's face it - ever since the early 2000's, the Dolphins have always been on the outside looking in as far as the playoffs were concerned. I not only think that Taylor can play 3 years, but I think they might include some of the best years of this part of his career. Taylor's been, if nothing else, an anchor of durability for the Dolphins for well over a decade. Some guys are just rocks that are not only durable enough to avoid the small, nagging injuries like sprains and muscle pulls, but are also (frankly) lucky enough to avoid the freak accidents like ACL tears and such. Since the 1998 season (his second year in the league and his first full year as a starter), Jason Taylor has missed TWO games.

Count 'em. Count 'em on one hand. TWO Games.

That's not just durable. That's damn near FAVRE-like durable.

Jason Taylor has very much left in the tank, and he knows that. He sought a trade because he knows he has so much left that his contributions would be wasted on a team that's about as far away from making the playoffs as a team can possibly get.

I would not be surprised to see Jason Taylor stay around longer than the remainder of his contract, if the whole cap thing doesn't screw up so badly that the Redskins can no longer afford him.

And just like Strahan, if Taylor gets a ring with the Redskins, he will likely retire at that point, as he already has HOF-type numbers and will therefore have nothing else to prove to anyone.

Archived