Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Colt hooks up with the Miyazawa's @Old Ebbets Grill

CHERRYR

I didn't follow his career after he left Hawaii, but I recall reading that he was converted into a safety (not real sure). I'm sure the older Skins fans would

remember back in the day.

Yeah, free safety... he was in the same defensive backfield with Darrell Green... was waived after his third year in the NFL. Very sad what became of him though, just another player who didn't get it. I'm sure he's still in prison for murdering his wife 10 years ago, he got 30 yrs., should have gotten life... such is trivia. Don't know what happened to this guy between '88 when he was released from the Lions to '98 when the incident occurred.

I posted this also in the other Colt thread, but in case those who care don't see it, here is a radio interview Colt did this morning with a Honolulu sports radio show. He talks about the Redskins and his deal.

The station has the wrong team but I'm sure they'll correct it once they realize it.

COLT EARNS GREEN WHILE HE'S A BROWN

Post by:Rev. Felipe 7/15/2008 8:34:30 AM

Alright let's admit it, no matter who you are or where your from you gotta love Colt Brennan. Arguably the greatest quarterback in Warrior history stops by on The Rob and Russ Show, to discuss his recent 4 year 1.8 million dollar contract with the Cleveland Browns. Colt talks about his experience in the NFL thus far and his fondest memories of the islands.

http://www.am1500hawaii.com/1500v2/default.asp

No but you miss the point.

Florio could have said "Redskins sign NCAA TD Record Holder Brennan"

Instead he says "Redskins Sign Convicted Felon" or something like that.

Yes, Brennan did a bad thing, but by all accounts he's turned his life around completely.

No need for Florio, who has no credibility as it is, to do that to Colt.

i don't miss the point, maybe you just dont understand. Now i'm not saying colt doesnt deserve the chance/hasnt earned the chance to play in the nfl, nor am i saying people cant change from bad ways to good ways, but with all the player arrests and players drafted with criminal history being a focus under roger goodells watch, character has become a major focus in the league. Also PFT is known for highliting the criminal offenses of players, which is natural for florio as the guy is a lawyer. the guys days without an arrest counter barely ever reaches double digits, whats that say about the misconduct of players in the league that not only reflects upon them but their teams and the league. everytime(which is frequently) florio talks about a troubled player or player with a troubled pass it should remind people that playing in the nfl is a priviledge and not a luxury as there are only so many jobs available as a player of a certain position at that. It brings light to a real problem the league has, eventually players will start recognizing getting in trouble with the law can cost them their jobs. As far as i am concerned florio has plenty of credibility to voice an educated opinion, whether you disagree with him or just dont like the guy, teams around the league monitor that site, and even if they dont like pft, how much more credibility do you need? If he had made the post about a dallas player youd probably be applauding it and cracking jokes about it.

I understand your point Xempt but PFT isn't supposed to be a legal-issues of NFL players site. Its supposed to be all about the NFL, Colts past is behind him, he's turned his life around.

Florio isn't credible because most of what he puts up there is rampant speculation masked as fact. I check PFT but I take it all with a giant bag of salt, most of it is BS.

I don't think Florio is doing anything besides trying to get hits on his site, and its a shame that he can't look past the part of Colt's life that he has paid his debt to society for. Include it in the article if you want but don't make it the headline. He just wants people to look at the headline, gasp and keep reading...its the norm in the media but its frustrating.

I understand your point Xempt but PFT isn't supposed to be a legal-issues of NFL players site. Its supposed to be all about the NFL, Colts past is behind him, he's turned his life around.

Florio isn't credible because most of what he puts up there is rampant speculation masked as fact. I check PFT but I take it all with a giant bag of salt, most of it is BS.

I don't think Florio is doing anything besides trying to get hits on his site, and its a shame that he can't look past the part of Colt's life that he has paid his debt to society for. Include it in the article if you want but don't make it the headline. He just wants people to look at the headline, gasp and keep reading...its the norm in the media but its frustrating.

Exactly, it's the norm in the media, you just gotta learn to live with it and always carry that big bag of salt. THE POINT... Florio don't know squat about the man, Colt Brennan. And just read the whole article... "it also didn't help"... "33 lbs."... "Mmmmmm, pineapple", he's a lawyer huh?... doesn't surprise me. It WAS wrong that he was charged with sexual assault, was he convicted of sexual assault!? NO, but it doesn't matter, the damage was done and Florio types will always feed out of that pig's trough. To throw that up in his headline was a cheap shot. That fact is his stock did drop, and one of the reasons was because people bought in to the BS regarding Colt's character. As far as what Goddell is doing to clean up the NFL, it's been along time coming... I applaud his efforts and yes, eventually players from EVERY TEAM will get the message.

This thread is about a little kid who is showing great courage, and Colt Brennan giving him the respect he deserves. Colt is his hero. The photo of the kid signing the jersey is priceless. Colt Brennan will give it all he's got, and I'm telling you, that is great for the Washington Redskins. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

cry me a river...

cry me a river...

Weak.

I wouldn't have an issue with Florio using that as a headline if Colt Brennan continued to have run-ins with the law or team-related discipline issues. But by ALL accounts, Colt Brennan has been a model citizen since the incident at Colorado FOUR AND A HALF YEARS ago. Not one black mark in his life in 4 1/2 years. Sp yeah, it's a cheap shot to emphasize "convicted felon" in a headline about him.

cry me a river...

very weak...

Obviously you believe Florio's headline was warranted, his editors too apparently. The fact is he doesn't know Colt. If his motive is to bang the gong on all the punks in the NFL, then he missed the boat big time on a very good young man that I would be proud to have as a son. I mean you do your time, you fulfill your probation to the T... kid never touched a drop of alcohol 4 1/2 years. You become the poster boy for what all your elders tell you about making mistakes in life "mistakes ain't worth a damn boy unless you learn from them!"... then you sign the contract that fulfills your dreams from the time you first picked up a football... and a guy like Florio paints it all red for you. CRY YOU A RIVER!? The only tears for you will be because you lost your bag of salt.

Wednesday morning's Ferd Lewis, Honolulu Advertiser

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080716/COLUMNISTS06/807160411/1142/SPORTSFRONT

Yeah, free safety... he was in the same defensive backfield with Darrell Green... was waived after his third year in the NFL. Very sad what became of him though, just another player who didn't get it. I'm sure he's still in prison for murdering his wife 10 years ago, he got 30 yrs., should have gotten life... such is trivia. Don't know what happened to this guy between '88 when he was released from the Lions to '98 when the incident occurred.

Yeah, he actually had potential. Good athlete and a suprisingly big hitter. I believe he got fined in a pre season game for a head shot against the Pats.

He also had a pretty strong jeri curl back in the day.

Yeah, he actually had potential. Good athlete and a suprisingly big hitter. I believe he got fined in a pre season game for a head shot against the Pats.

He also had a pretty strong jeri curl back in the day.

Yeah, he was a damn good hitter. I remember the MNF game when LT ended JT's career in '85. Gifford looked down the Skins roster (Schroeder replaced Theismann) and said that if Schroeder went down, the only replacements the Skins had was Mitchell and the rookie Cherry out of Hawaii. Heh... you got a pretty good memory huh? You were what... 11? 12?

Archived