Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Hollywood Stock Exchange (hsx.com)

Springfield

www.hsx.com

hsx.PNg

Do any of you guys (and keeastman) play this?

I've been playing for about 3 years now and I find this "game" quite enjoyable. Basically, it is a stock market for current and future movies as well as actors and other movie related things. It helps me keep up to date on movies being released soon and in the far future.

The basic goal is to increase your portfolio size (as you would in the real stock marteks) but trading moviestocks, starbonds and other types of investments. You start with 2 million H$ (HSX dollars) and work your way up in the movie prediction world.

It's a pretty complex game, aside from the whole "rooting for your favorite actor or director" and I could certainly go into deep explanation of how it works if anyone is interested. But mainly it's a lot of fun to try and guess how much money each movie is going to make when it is released. Like I said, it helps keep me up to date on upcoming movies.

I thought I'd throw this site out there for every one since there seem to be a lot of threads coming out about movies everyone likes. This is the goalline blitz of movies (but excecuted much better), it can take up quite a bit of your time.

If anyone currently plays this game and would like to league me, I have 2 ports. CChag740 (H$ 92M) and CChag7400 (H$ 12M).

All of the movie buffs in here should try this game, it is the ****!

I don't get it.:(

I think he's talking about the look of the page.

I used to play it in the early days (probably about 10 years ago), but eventually got bored with it. It was more interesting when everyone didn't know every little thing about what was coming out.

Jason

I don't get it.:(

G4 Tech TV has a show called Star Trek 2.0, which is just the original star trek with a bunch of interactive things added around it including a stock-ticker showing the current value of different star trek character stocks which you can trade online.

G4 Tech TV has a show called Star Trek 2.0, which is just the original star trek with a bunch of interactive things added around it including a stock-ticker showing the current value of different star trek character stocks which you can trade online.

Meh. I'm a movie lover, not a trekkie. I'll stick to the HSX.

Archived