Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Canadian Health Care We So Envy Lies In Ruins, Its Architect Admits

daveakl

Holy crap this guy is supposedly a reporter? I got news for him, more thatn half the claims he makes in his article are completely false, if not made up entirely to support his argument. Like this lovely piece of crap:

a system where people in towns like Norwalk, Ontario, participate in lotteries to win appointments with the local family doctor.

My aunt & uncle live in Norwalk, no such lottery exists. The one problem with our medical is system is that becaue it is free, people go to see their doctors or to hospital emergency rooms when it is not necessary. Everytime I go to see my doctor, there is always a waiting room full of old people who go in to see the Dr., and 10 minutes later my doctor is walking out with them reminding them that the tingle they get in their elbow evertime they raise their arm above their chest is not something they should be making an appointment for.

Smaller rural communities are having a hard time finding family doctors, but that has alwasy been the case, it's part of living in Canada with so few people spread over such a large area. I'm suprised he didnt bring up the fact that new doctors are being offered full student loan repayment if they open or move to a practice in a rural area to add to the dire urgencey tone his article takes. But maybe he did the research an drealized that these offers from the government are the same ones that my grandfather was offered after WWII, and countless other doctors ahve been offered ever since.

We have long waiting lines, and long wait times to get thigns like MRI's done becasue everyone can get them done for free so if the Dr. is even remotely skeptical of something, they send them off to get some tests.

And the comment about the lady who had to go to the states for her surgery or she would have dies is the biggest load of crap I have ever heard. Yes Canadians do go to the US for surgeries they don't want to wait for, but if you are terminally ill they will find a spot for you, even if you are too stupid to fill out a form. I think this lady exaggerated her condition, and the Dr. she went to see overstated the consequences to make his own practice look good, hoping to generate more Canadian business.

Oh, and finding a Quebecer who has some bad things to say about the rest of Canada is not that hard. great source for your article.

Holy crap this guy is supposedly a reporter? I got news for him, more thatn half the claims he makes in his article are completely false, if not made up entirely to support his argument.

Oh, and finding a Quebecer who has some bad things to say about the rest of Canada is not that hard. great source for your article.

Well, the guy isn't a reporter, he is a Dr. in Canada and the USA.

Since I didn't write the article I am not sure who you are reffering to when you say "great source". The only source used is the guy that came up with the current system. You know, the guy who is saying it is broken.

Well, the guy isn't a reporter, he is a Dr. in Canada and the USA.

Since I didn't write the article I am not sure who you are reffering to when you say "great source". The only source used is the guy that came up with the current system. You know, the guy who is saying it is broken.

Sorry but the "I'm just sayin'..." defense doesn't work when you intentionally pick a title like "Canadian Health Care We So Envy Lies In Ruins, Its Architect Admits"

Sorry but the "I'm just sayin'..." defense doesn't work when you intentionally pick a title like "Canadian Health Care We So Envy Lies In Ruins, Its Architect Admits"

Umm, Thats the title of the article. No bias here.

If you, unlike the vast majority of Canadians, don't like the Canadian model for Universal coverage; select another first world country's model. Hell select another industrialized countriy's healthcare model...

Every industrialized country on earth, besides the United States has Universal coverage. What's worse is, all of them cover all of their citizens for a fraction of the per capita costs we pay!!, This, even though we don't cover 55 million working poor at all, and our old and poorest are covered by medicaid and medicare and are segregated out of our commercial healthcare system because there is no profit in covering them.

Archived