Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where the FAMILY priorities REALLY are

TMSCAW5312

Funny little quip about a crazy Redskins family:

My family all lives in Maryland and Virginia, while I'm in Arizona. I haven't seen ANY of them in three years, you know... getting off work, the expense of travelling, life, etc. They don't even get to see each other that much, except holidays and other life events.

Anyway, talking to my mother, 2 brothers, and a coupla cousins (who are spread out around the nation) and their respective families, nobody wanted to admit their next vacation (since it wasn't to see each other).

Finally, I admitted I was going to Canton. Come to find out they are ALL going to Canton, and none were any the wiser until now. Every single one of them with their families for the induction and game.

I just thought I'd share. It's a dag family reuinion, all because Art Monk and Darrell Green made our Sunday's and Monday's a better time.

Dang, I didn't know I could love them any more. If mom would just make her potato salad, it will be Heaven x2!!

Hope to see all of you, too.

Haha. Awesome post. (And an awesome family too.) :)

I always like to see the longer-term board members who don't post much start a thread. Usually well worth the read, and this one didn't disappoint.

Hopefully I'll see you out there, bro.

BTW, what on earth does your screenname mean?

Anyway, talking to my mother, 2 brothers, and a coupla cousins (who are spread out around the nation) and their respective families, nobody wanted to admit their next vacation (since it wasn't to see each other).

Finally, I admitted I was going to Canton. Come to find out they are ALL going to Canton, and none were any the wiser until now. Every single one of them with their families for the induction and game.

Great story...! Should be a memorable Redskin family reunion.:cheers:

BTW, what on earth does your screenname mean?

some late night a few years ago, I found my home online, but regret my screen name a little... :)

it's my own initials and my fiances initials, plus some numbers that mean something to us.

I don't post much, like someone pointed out.. and I'm a "little sis" not a "bro", but no worries!

Oddly enough, my fiance and I are scrambling to see if we can get married while we're there. He's a Chief's fan, but he knows if I can get married around a sea of burgundy and gold, I'm a happy camper.

some late night a few years ago, I found my home online, but regret my screen name a little... :)

it's my own initials and my fiances initials, plus some numbers that mean something to us.

I don't post much, like someone pointed out.. and I'm a "little sis" not a "bro", but no worries!

Oddly enough, my fiance and I are scrambling to see if we can get married while we're there. He's a Chief's fan, but he knows if I can get married around a sea of burgundy and gold, I'm a happy camper.

just when you have kids raise them skins fans

and to think.... i cant find a girl who knows the first thing about football muchless is skins fan..:(

and

to think.... i cant find a girl who knows the first thing about football muchless is skins fan..:(

everyone has recommendations for women looking to learn more about football, my recommendation is for a woman to get involved in a small fantasy team. They will get more interested in following all the games... they will get into the college football and the draft, and finally figure out "what that yellow line means". Although Holly Robinson Pete's book is good, there's nothing like Fantasy Football to get you not only interested, but really competitive about football.

I've always been crazy about football, but fantasy football helped me get past just watching just the Redskins, I'm not afraid to admit. I now commission a large fantasy football league, and even have been mentioned on ESPN for being a female running a league. (Crazy a** Dana Jacobson has even mentioned me as one she "likes")

I'm convinced that fantasy football will get your girl up to speed faster than any book. Play a league that includes only you, her, and a couple of friends, she will dig it.

I will start a female-only league if anyone is shy about it. I also know from reading that there are females here that can hang with anyone!

Archived