Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OT: Found in Iraq by US troops: Chemical Weapons Plant!!!!

TC4

Originally posted by JimboDaMan

Nuts.

DJ No Chemical Weapons Found At Site In Najaf - TV

03/24/2003

Dow Jones News Services

(Copyright © 2003 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.)

NEW YORK (Dow Jones)--U.S. officials said Monday that no chemical weapons were found at a suspected site at Najaf in central Iraq, U.S. television networks reported.

NBC News reported from the Pentagon that no chemicals at all were found at the site. CNN, also reporting from the Pentagon, said officials now believe the plant there was abandoned long ago by the Iraqis.

(END) Dow Jones Newswires

Another possibility is that the pentagon has asked the media to stop talking about the plant. It's hard to believe that a 100 acre plant guarded by a General and surrounded by camo and electric fence was closed "long ago" and is insignificant.

I think you guys are overlooking WHY we haven't publicized the finding of chemical weapons. We know where they are. And there's no way Saddam leaves TWO Generals in charge of a cement factory. Come on!!!

Iraq is still claiming that they don't have chemical weapons. The moment we publicize that they do indeed have them, Iraq has no reason to NOT use them. They can drop their facade, which would put out soldiers at risk.

It's better to wait until Saddam is cornered.

Things are happening so fast, I'm not sure we can put a lot of faith in these early reports from the field. We may find out this "general" is an aging, pot-bellied sergeant and the electric fence is a broken transister radio.

Everybody needs to take a deep breath. Tarhog is right, a little discretion is advised. It doesn't do anybody any good to make claims about SCUD missles or weapons factories and then have to take it back. We'll find whatever is there, there's no need to rush.

Originally posted by JimboDaMan

Things are happening so fast, I'm not sure we can put a lot of faith in these early reports from the field. We may find out this "general" is an aging, pot-bellied sergeant and the electric fence is a broken transister radio.

Everybody needs to take a deep breath. Tarhog is right, a little discretion is advised. It doesn't do anybody any good to make claims about SCUD missles or weapons factories and then have to take it back. We'll find whatever is there, there's no need to rush.

Exactly! There have been at least 3 or 4 "I told you so" threads so far and so far, they haven't panned out.

First, everyone said see, they have scuds, they lied, then our government reported "No Scuds have been fired", now a chemical plant has been found, but nothing is inside..... yet.

NOTE: I am not saying we won't find anything, I'm sure we will, but hold your I told you so's until it's fact, not just networks trying to out scoop each other.

Originally posted by rv581

I think you guys are overlooking WHY we haven't publicized the finding of chemical weapons. We know where they are. And there's no way Saddam leaves TWO Generals in charge of a cement factory. Come on!!!

Iraq is still claiming that they don't have chemical weapons. The moment we publicize that they do indeed have them, Iraq has no reason to NOT use them. They can drop their facade, which would put out soldiers at risk.

It's better to wait until Saddam is cornered.

Rv...good point, thats quite possible...

Archived