Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bad News from the War

PCS

It is nice that the familes don't have to have them forced down their throats and I commend the U.S networks for not showing it like they are prone to do with gruesome news, but I think the rest of us have a RESPONSIBILITY to view those pics and absorb their implications. If the soldiers have to actually go through that kind of hell, then the least we should do is look at and face the reality of it, however unpleasant that may be. If it disgusts and shocks us that's exactly why everyone should see them. Maybe people who have been defending the SOB's will see a bit of the light, and the rest of us should have our resolve steeled even more.

There might have been people cheering but I think Al Jazeera and Saddam underestimate the intelligence of many that will see it. This will cause a lot more outrage worldwide than it will joy.

I can't tell you how outraged I am at this. Yeah, this and far worse has been going on with prisoners since the beginning of time, but these murderers absolutely must pay! And the absolute gall it takes to not only do this, but to then broadcast it to the world! God I'm glad we're there!

Did you notice, BTW, that al Jazeera didn't put up a pic of the lone female (live) prisoner, just those of the other four males?

But rest assured, this will backfire against them. At home, there are a bunch of Americans who were uncertain about the justness of our cause in Iraq who are now fully on board. And abroad, decent nations will be equally appalled. And our guys in the field aren't going to be lacking for motivation either.

Again, the gauntlet's been thrown down. It's time to bring the pain.

It's an absurd idea to think that there are "rules of war".... it's a ****ing war for christs sake. Why would we expect them to abide by the Geneva Convention when we are invading their country? I really doubt Saddam gives a **** what we do with their prisoners (he will be dead soon if not already).

I know about that. When did Saddam sign them? He is a dictator. Thankfully we will show him what happens to his type. I just think it is crazy that people would be expected to abide by these rules. It is like thinking we have never interrogated or beaten some POW to get info out of them.... not saying it is right/wrong, just a bit naive to think that way...

Originally posted by Art

They are signatories to the Geneva accords, AJ. If they were not interested in abiding by them they wouldn't have signed on to say they would.

Not only that, but the Iraqi government has said publicly both yesterday and today that they would abide by the Geneva Convention.

And AJ, that it doesn't surprise me doesn't mean that it's acceptable or any less horrific.

Originally posted by Yomar

I don't mean to be ghoulish, I am only trying to understand what I'm looking at. I'm not certain but I think that the body of the dead soldier in the last picture has left no arm.

That site takes a while to load but yeah, when I finally got all the pictures loaded it does in fact look like his arm is not there. If it is still attached I certainly do not see it.

Archived