Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jerseys - Game-Worn, Team-Issued, Authentic, Replica, Fake, and everything in between

Mark The Homer

Haha. Nice find Xav. The NFL retail division doesn't sell jerseys with sleeves like that. My guess is that jersey is a blank gamer from pre-2006, because of the white that wraps around the bottom of the sleeve. The patch is wrong, it should have a white ring around the outside, not burgundy. I bet the seller removed the tag at the back of the neck so he could call it a 2007. Then he took a patch meant for a white jersey and sewed it onto this burgundy gamer. This guy is trying to turn **** into gold.

Edit: The seller says the jersey was consigned to him and he will discuss things with the owner. The jersey might be okay to wear to games, but it wouldn't have any collecter's value, obviously. But I'd want some close ups of the numbers and name and better pic over all before I bought it. And that patch would definitely have to go.

It could have been. Or it could have been purchased the year before. But no, I would not want to bet. :) I like 42's, they are incredibly tight and are also kind of rare. Smooooooooot wears a 42. The GSS patch makes it cool and collectible too. I'd be tempted to get that GSS jersey myself if I didn't already have like ten of them.

Hey Mark...I want to buy a jersey for my 8 yr old nephew. He plays OL/TE, so I thought a Cooley Jersey would be best. Saw this on Ebay...your thoughts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/CHRIS-COOLEY-Washington-Redskins-Jersey-YOUTH-L-NEW_W0QQitemZ270288286257QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item270288286257&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A15%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318#ebayphotohosting

Thanks ~Lori

Put me down as someone who bought from Specialjersey.com and is very happy with his Korean authentic.
Man - I hate to have to comment on this, but you're using the wrong terminology and I'm afraid you're going to mislead people. Your jersey is not a "Korean Authentic,", it is a Korean counterfeit. There were jerseys made in Korea over the past few years which were genuine Reebok products and genuine Authentic jerseys, but the jerseys made by specialjersey.com are counterfeits, and calling your jersey a "Korean Authentic" is incorrect and misleading.

I'm glad you're happy with your jersey. :)

Hey Mark...I want to buy a jersey for my 8 yr old nephew. He plays OL/TE, so I thought a Cooley Jersey would be best. Saw this on Ebay...your thoughts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/CHRIS-COOLEY-Washington-Redskins-Jersey-YOUTH-L-NEW_W0QQitemZ270288286257QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item270288286257&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A15%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318#ebayphotohosting

Thanks ~Lori

Hi Lori - I really don't know much about youth jerseys - but I don't know how that jersey can be called an authentic. The price is too low. And I can't really see much in those photos, but if you look closely at the right hand photo, you can see the numbers are screened. Maybe the seller means it's an authentic Reebok youth jersey, with screened numbers? But, anyways, what the heck, your nephew is eight years old. I'm sure he'll be thrilled with whatever you give him.

Hope this helps.

Many fans want to support their team, but they're not gonna waste their money on a more expensive jersey when they have necessities they need to buy. Not everyone has the kind of money to get them.:2cents:
If you're talking authentics, I agree with you, but premier jerseys look very, very nice and they're only like $30 more than replicas:

http://www.mcsports.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2211057

• 4 weeks later...

MTH,

Another item you may want to add to the first post...or not:)

In addition to the change in the outline of the numbers and the lack of sleeve stripe going all around I believe the spandex material changed somewhere around 2006 as well. Prior the inside surface of the spandex sides and shoulders was the same as the outside. The newer jerseys seem to have sort of a flannel feel and look to the inside surface. I am not quite sure when this occured but my 2006 and newer ones have this feel but the old $50 gamers I got at the redskins stores do not and they were from 2004 and prior.

That's a bunch of bull****. So you aren't a diehard if you have a $79 Replica? lol

:bsflag:

I can't believe that some would criticize another fan for not spending enough money? I have lived in DC area my whole life and the criticism is that people around here are too extravagant with money and are sort of snooty. I tell people it wasn't always this way, but it would seem to me that there are some people out there who snooty and only care about the labels that they buy. Are there somethings that I buy because they are redskins? Sure. Would I look down on another fan because they don't spend enough money? ABSOLUTELY NOT! I only get down on some fans who are on the bandwagon one minute and then when they lose they are off it again. It is stupid to be on a fan who doesn't have or isn't willing to spend money on something that is considered in this economy a luxury.

I can't believe that some would criticize another fan for not spending enough money? I have lived in DC area my whole life and the criticism is that people around here are too extravagant with money and are sort of snooty. I tell people it wasn't always this way, but it would seem to me that there are some people out there who snooty and only care about the labels that they buy. Are there somethings that I buy because they are redskins? Sure. Would I look down on another fan because they don't spend enough money? ABSOLUTELY NOT! I only get down on some fans who are on the bandwagon one minute and then when they lose they are off it again. It is stupid to be on a fan who doesn't have or isn't willing to spend money on something that is considered in this economy a luxury.

Exactly. Who in their right mind would say someone is less of a fan because they don't own an authentic Reebok jersey. :doh: If you are wearing the burgundy & gold I don't care how much your gear costs as long as you support the team through the good and the bad.

So what is the beef with fakes? We're all sporting gear of some sort with team colors and pride? I don't get it.
I don't have a problem with fakes, as long as the fan knows he is buying one when he hands over his money. My problem with fakes is, most of the sellers of fakes are misrepresenting their product with criminal intent.

Exactly. Who in their right mind would say someone is less of a fan because they don't own an authentic Reebok jersey. :doh: If you are wearing the burgundy & gold I don't care how much your gear costs as long as you support the team through the good and the bad.

Bingo......

jerseys are expensive. For alot of people it may be one of the most expensive pieces of clothing in their closet.

I only decided to go authentic/EQT over replica because the material is a bit better and I like the sewn #'s vs. the screenprint.

But your fan status doesn't = type of jersey you wear.

Bingo......

jerseys are expensive. For alot of people it may be one of the most expensive pieces of clothing in their closet.

I only decided to go authentic/EQT over replica because the material is a bit better and I like the sewn #'s vs. the screenprint.

But your fan status doesn't = type of jersey you wear.

I didn't even buy my first jersey until like five years ago. Why? Because I thought they were too expensive! Doesn't mean you're not a fan.

Here's my first jersey purchase as a rookie jersey buyer. Try not to laugh.

rigginsjerseyebaysby7.jpg

Needless to say, I sold it a few weeks later at a $20 loss.

• 2 weeks later...
MTH,

Another item you may want to add to the first post...or not:)

In addition to the change in the outline of the numbers and the lack of sleeve stripe going all around I believe the spandex material changed somewhere around 2006 as well. Prior the inside surface of the spandex sides and shoulders was the same as the outside. The newer jerseys seem to have sort of a flannel feel and look to the inside surface. I am not quite sure when this occured but my 2006 and newer ones have this feel but the old $50 gamers I got at the redskins stores do not and they were from 2004 and prior.

Xav,

Yeah, the fabric seems softer and more flannel-like on some jerseys. But the differences seem to vary jersey to jersey, not just year to year. It may be that there is a slightly different fabric used - but I think it's also possible that the flannel-like appearance and feel of the more recent jerseys is because they were worn - as opposed to the $50 gamers which more than likely were never worn. The "flannel" may just be very slight, minor piling. I can't conclude anything for certain though.

• 2 weeks later...

I think there's no question it's a Ripon jersey. But whether or not that #9 is original, it's hard to say. We need better photos or we need to see it in real life. Those photos are not very good, and they may not be good on purpose. It is a QB or skill jersey, however, with the loose sleeves. There's not many of those.

Whether it's doctored or not - it might be kind of a cool jersey to own, but it really doesn't have much collector's value since obviously it was never worn on the field, and Sonny never wore a jersey that looked anything like that.

Speaking of doctored jerseys, here's doctored jersey with the Captain's patch. First time I've seen that patch on a non gamer.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160303984823&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.com%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm38%26_nkw%3D160303984823%26_fvi%3D1

BTW, did you see this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220327970847&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.com%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm38%26_nkw%3D220327970847%26_fvi%3D1

I think there's no question it's a Ripon jersey. But whether or not that #9 is original, it's hard to say. We need better photos or we need to see it in real life. Those photos are not very good, and they may not be good on purpose. It is a QB or skill jersey, however, with the loose sleeves. There's not many of those.

Whether it's doctored or not - it might be kind of a cool jersey to own, but it really doesn't have much collector's value since obviously it was never worn on the field, and Sonny never wore a jersey that looked anything like that.

Speaking of doctored jerseys, here's doctored jersey with the Captain's patch. First time I've seen that patch on a non gamer.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160303984823&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.com%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm38%26_nkw%3D160303984823%26_fvi%3D1

BTW, did you see this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220327970847&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.com%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm38%26_nkw%3D220327970847%26_fvi%3D1

The captain's patch one is funny. It is on the wrong side and it is also from last year as it has a J. in front of Campbell.

Does Cooley, or any player, have to pay for the jersey if they keep it to sell themselves? I think it is cool that he has a blog and stuff but it seems unseemly that he is selling his own game worn items.

Archived