Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

i'm confused...

fansince62

- why does the left hate freedom?

- why is the left comfortable with mass murder?

- why is the left so willing to sacrifice your life or mine before acting?

- why does the left not believe in democracy? or rather, why is it that they only believe in democracy when their core goals are realized?

- why does the left so hate the environment? all these protests blocking traffic, spilling paper left and right (how many trees died for this cause?!), damaging public property...I'm shocked, shocked, shocked........

- why does the left ignore the motives and intentions of the international community at large and individually?

- why does the left believe that the lone evil in the world is the United States? mute words on the scuds, silence on the burning oil fields, complete disavowal of the growing testamnet from Iraqi refugees on Iraqi crimes aganst humanity

Why hasn't anyone from the left lined up to provide aid to the Iraqis after this is all over? why aren't they volunteering in numbers proximate to televised protets to go over seas and teach, hand out food, provide medical aid, rebuild infrastructure? why haven't the privileged prissies in Hollywood used their wealth to do the same? where are these moral frauds?

these people think they are being virtous...exercising their civic resposnsibilities. in the larger frame they have done us all a favor...the American people can now see them for the cowards they are......there will be less incentive to compromise in the future......20% is a large number....but it's not 50%.......:)

The left what's wrong with the world, ALL the worlds problems are created by the left...:doh:

Maybe Bush will launch a massive attack on the left and make the world a better and safer place...

While I'm not a democrat, it still offends me that either side thinks they are so superior to the other. The right has no downfalls? Sorry, but I'm not buying.

If either political party controlled the house, senate and the oval offica and the majority of the judges, the world would be screwed. We need politicans of various parties to keep a system of checks and balances to make sure a happy medium is met. I would never want our country to be pulled too far to either side.

i'm not interested in the right or some fatuous argument about a balanced approach: that's pure intellectual mush. my focus is on the obvious iconsistencies, both moral and practical, in the positions offered by the left that we have been blessed with over the last 4-5 months. you want to explore the idiocies on the right - be my guest and start a new thread.

i want to know why these people support mass murder, genocide and slavery.......they have yet to answer this big question.....

why do they favor peace over freedom? that's an interesting one for the ages.......

Some good questions. I'm generally a Classical Liberal (read British-American Conservative) although a recent test called me a left liberal :rolleyes: Don't really like the shorthand of 'Left' but I think I know what you mean:laugh:

- why does the left hate freedom?

As I understand it, equality (equality of outcome?) tends to be valued most highly by the left (except were the person(s) proposing the view who because he/she is a wonderful person, should live like a king/queen).

- why is the left comfortable with mass murder?

I think everyone is when the mass murder supports your views. Some of us a very good at rationalizing such events to the point we react violently when this is pointed out.

- why is the left so willing to sacrifice your life or mine before acting?

This goes back to their desire to put equality before freedom but insist that freedom can only be true when such equality exists. This puts them into a paradox which tends to freeze action. There are also issues here.

- why does the left not believe in democracy? or rather, why is it that they only believe in democracy when their core goals are realized?

Democracy (actually republic), may not create an outcome acceptable to their values. The leftitst values are better anyway, aren't they? While all of us tend to worry that democracy could result in an unacceptable outcome, extremists (who tend to co-opt idealists of all types) are afraid to the point that they will actively work to prevent it.

- why does the left so hate the environment? all these protests blocking traffic, spilling paper left and right (how many trees died for this cause?!), damaging public property...I'm shocked, shocked, shocked........

Obviously rhetorical. Very true :laugh:

- why does the left ignore the motives and intentions of the international community at large and individually?

They think: We're better than them. We are smarter and have better morals (mores?).

- why does the left believe that the lone evil in the world is the United States? mute words on the scuds, silence on the burning oil fields, complete disavowal of the growing testamnet from Iraqi refugees on Iraqi crimes aganst humanity

Actually, they don't truly believe we're the 'lone evil'...well with Bush in office, some do:). Since we're better than everyone else, we must hold to a much higher standard (this is a moving target it seems).

Why hasn't anyone from the left lined up to provide aid to the Iraqis after this is all over? why aren't they volunteering in numbers proximate to televised protets to go over seas and teach, hand out food, provide medical aid, rebuild infrastructure? why haven't the privileged prissies in Hollywood used their wealth to do the same? where are these moral frauds?

Great question...have yet to ever find an answer greater than a smug but empty laugh.

A partial explanation may lie with the fact that many, not all but many, of the left are easily influenced idealist youth, pacifists and misguided fringe elements that have hitched there wagon to the leftist mule train because the brass tacks right sees them for what they are and therefore has no need for their silly nonsense.

The left has some very bright people within who are using the energy and head count provided them by the inclusion of these groups to forward the leftist agenda.

I still puke every time I here my niece, ( a school teacher living in LA) voice her support for Hillary - It Takes A Village – we are Red Chinese lovers who want to socialize your health care - Clinton.

OPM....fair enough....and you're right in that I'm labelling a whole group of folks (the left) among which the folks I see and hear protesting are only a subset.

equality...of course....is a concept that can have many interpretations.......

nice responses! and temperate too!!!! I was angry this morning and spoiling for a fight. *amn...there's always one too many adults lurking on this board: I'm going to have to talk privately with you and OM about this!!!!

Archived