Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Age of American Unreason

WVUforREDSKINS

There are ways to delivery positive messages without being an Elitist... It doesn't matter if you are the most intelligent person in the world, if you cannot communicate with people without belittling them or their views you may as well be a chatty-cathy doll. While style doesn't trump substance, grace does...

This is always a worthy message. :)

I like the capital 'E'.

I like grace.

I don't like chatty-cathy dolls.

We are in much agreement, here. :D

I don't see how there is even an argument against her primary theme.

Huge factions in this country exist that won't accept news from certain channels as true because they're from a left-wing biased or right-wing biased point of view.

Information gets delivered, opinions are formed, and decisions are made entirely upon what Aristotle referred to as Ethos, which is supposed to be only one of the three arts of rhetoric. We just want to know who delivering the information, and then we'll decide if it will be adopted or ignored without ever actually attempting to digest the information first.

I better not heed your advice... Mercy for the general ES population. Save the torture/drugs for those poor 'innocent' saps in Guantanamo. :cheers:
Now you're definitely on the candidates list. In this line of work you need to know about saps. I have a couple. :)

pennablack1.jpg

I don't see how there is even an argument against her primary theme.

1) I don't believe this is really an "American" issue. It's human.

2) There is an acceptable and healthy measure of bias, it helps us make decisions.

3) If she has a problem with it, then perhaps she should show a little tolerance toward the views of people with faith.

4) I realize that I could be totally unfair to this woman right now, but I'm just nurturing my own healthy bias against the liberal-elite.

Huge factions in this country exist that won't accept news from certain channels as true because they're from a left-wing biased or right-wing biased point of view.

Eers, are you trying to tell me that there is actually an unbiased news source out there in America today?

If you are, I think you're HORRIBLY mistaken. Whether it's Fox News, the NY Times, CNN, or any other news media resource, the information has to be read with a great deal of suspicion and with the knowledge of the political, cultural, and social biases behind it. That's why when a potentially controversial story comes out I won't comment on it until I've read/heard/seen at least three or four different reports. At least one of which is from a LOCAL, not national, news source. I don't trust ANYONE in the media, and it's for good reasons so far as I'm concerned.

Information gets delivered, opinions are formed, and decisions are made entirely upon what Aristotle referred to as Ethos, which is supposed to be only one of the three arts of rhetoric. We just want to know who delivering the information, and then we'll decide if it will be adopted or ignored without ever actually attempting to digest the information first.

Who is delivering the information has a lot to do with it, Eers. I think you can agree to that. The fact that people won't go beyond their single prefered source in search of the real story is disappointing, but considering the immediate response society we're living in and the fact that we've stupified our entire society, does it really surprise you?

Archived